Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2003 Envoy, the buttons for the memory seat aren't working. The 1 button works fine. But the 2 and exit buttons don't do anything. I've tried pressing them to make them recall and holding them in to program them and they don't do anything. Do these switches go bad normally? Is it a wiring issue of some sort? What can I try to do to make these work?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The switch assembly communicates by the serial data bus to a memory module under the seat, so if one button works, the communication is likely OK. Then the problem is just inside the memory module itself or the door switch assembly. I don't see any of that exact version module on Ebay at the moment, but they're usually going for $70-75. About $150 on parts4chevys.com. $220 list price. But if it's just the switch, you may be able to disassemble it and clean the contacts. I don't think I've heard of a rash of failures in the time I've been a member here.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
125 Posts
I have just noticed that on my memory seat, the number 1 button doesn't work but the two and exit buttons work fine. Tried to pry the door trim off a little yesterday to get to it, but didn't get it off. Will use a bigger lever today! Funny thing is, immediately after I was done, the 1 button worked. Came back 15 minutes later and no go again. I assume this must be the switch. If I get to it, I'll see if it can be taken apart and cleaned (doubtful). Otherwise, I think I have found the switch for about $25. The GM part number I have is 15908702. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks
Anyone have part numbers for the door trim I'll likely break?!!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2 Posts
Let me know if this is validated as the right part. Mine has had this issue for some time where #2 button won't work any longer. So, need to replace it. Just started searching for the right part today.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
1 Posts
Same problems

On my 02 TB i have the same problems with the memory seats i dont know what it is either might be a wiring issue

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
125 Posts
I never got that validated as the correct part number, but I seem to have corrected the probem. I pulled the memory switch out and took it apart and cleaned the contacts wth alcohol. However, I believe the problem was where it plugs into the rest of the switches there on the driver's side. Earlier, if I put a little tension on the wire, the "one" button would work, let it go, and it wouldn't work. So I unplugged the memory switch wire from the power window, heated seat etc, switches and cleaned those contacts and plugged it in and made sure to push it in hard. Seems to work ok now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts