Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday, I was driving home from work when my 04 Trailblazer threw a check engine light and started misfiring, I figured I just needed to replace my spark plugs which I planned on doing over the weekend anyways. It progressively got worse as I was on my way home. Next day after work I was going to do the spark plugs when I noticed the coil pack in cylinder 1 was super loose. Pulled it out and the anchor bolt was snapped in half. Had a warranty on all 6 coil packs so returned and replaced all of them along with the spark plugs (after extracting the other half of the bolt.) The plug I got out of cylinder 1 was yellow tinted with a lot of carbon build up around the ring. Also noticed the threads were extremely damaged leaving little shards in the hole, stuck a magnet in there and removed all of the pieces I saw. Put everything back together and it still misfires, just not as violently. I read an article online where people had similar things happen and ended up needing a whole new set of valve seats. Will be running the codes sometime today or tomorrow and will update thread as I go. :thx

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, so I read the codes and got two p0300 so i dont think its a valve seat, today i cleaned the throttle body and there was definitely a change in the way the car idles and doesnt seem to misfire as hard but theres still a huge loss of power and the codes still read p0300x2. There was also a few other codes: c0281, c0291, c0226, c0222, and c0267. The ABS light isnt on. Im thinking maybe clogged catalytic converter because the exhaust pressure comes in puffs instead of constant air being blown out. Any ideas?:worried:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts