Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is in the right thread! I have a 2005 TB 6 cyl, 218,000 miles. Always well maintained. Runs fine, shifts fine but there's a noise when driving. It's not there at low speeds but the faster the rpm's go the more noise I hear. It's coming front the front. Not loud, nobody turns to see where the noise is coming from when I drive by, almost a hum or soft vibration. I can feel it in the steering wheel as well. We are thinking the hub but aren't sure. I would like to take it to a mechanic with at least an idea of what it may be so I don't get taken for a ride.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Sounds like a front hub bearing is on the way out. Does it do it while turning? Usually if you are making a right turn and it makes noise, it will be the left bearing. If you are making a left turn and it makes noise it will be the right bearing. The load is on the opposite side of the direction you are turning.

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
319 Posts
Mine never was worse when turning. Mine would vibrate bad between about 25-40 mph. Slower or faster wasn't too bad... could happen at any speed though depending on how the bearings are deformed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts