Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and read alot of posts trying to decide which to buy. I looked on their websight and still I stumped. I have a black tb and I want a wax that will give it a deep wet look. I was thinking of switching to a paste also, am I correct by thinking it will last longer before needing reapplied? I was thinking that a liquid wore off quicker but if I should stay liquid I will. Please give your opinion which would be the best one for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
714 Posts
I'm still on the fence with this one, I have mothers "reflections" that I have been using for a while until late summer when I bought that nxt, I my self didn't like it. it was to hard to remove after I applied it. and it didnt' give that deep shine like "reflections" did. I am a true die hard meguires fan too.. I guess I'll have to try it again and see what happends. but I dont' know.

·
Registered
2008 chevy
16,008 Posts
i have used both NXT and Gold Class. i find the NXT much easier to work with. as far as results im not sure there is much of a difference. the NXT i believe will offer more protection b/c its synthetic based. either way i recommend that you leave the wax (either NXT or Gold Class) on the truck for 1-2hrs before buffing off, and i also find the best results to be buffing off with microfiber. i aply by hand and i have a 10" orbital buffer from autozone its like 20-30$$ (well worth it) to buff it off.

as for the paste wax you are correct it will give you longer protection, but it is much harder to deal with.

i would recommend:

1. wash and dry
2. clay bar
3. polish
4. wax (let dry 1-2hrs)
5. polymer sealent (let dry 1-2hrs)

i usually wash and wax my TB every week to every other week when the weather is nice and i try to do it once a month in the colder weather

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,531 Posts
I use the Meguiars Professional cleaner wax and follow it with the Gold Class wax. I use a Porter Cable buffer. The shine is deep.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
1. wash and dry
2. clay bar
3. polish
4. wax (let dry 1-2hrs)
5. polymer sealent (let dry 1-2hrs)
I always thought you should apply the sealant first and then feel free to wax or even layer coats of wax over the sealant for the best possible protection and shine?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the reply I think I will go with the gold class for now then mabey try nxt in the summer. I shouldnt have trouble useing it up between the two vehicles.

what is sealent does meguires make it? Is this sometheing I can buy at a advanced or pepboys?

It's also great to see the Carlisile event is still on I can't wait I was wondering who was going to head it up I already put in for my vacation and got it approved.

·
Registered
2008 chevy
16,008 Posts
sealant seals and protect the paint longer then stantard wax. maguiers does make it i would look for it online its probly cheaper.

as for carlisle we should be getting more details in the next month or 2 keep your eyes open

1 - 8 of 8 Posts