Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what stock height should be in inches of the front and back suspension. measuring it from the ground to the fender wheels.

if people don't know can someone be kind enough to measure there own.

I'm getting different measurements on each side of my truck because i noticed it is slanted a little bit.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
278 Posts
My stock measurements:

front driver 33 11/16
front pass 33 3/4
rear driver 34 5/8
rear pass 34 1/2

Current set up:

front driver 33 3/4
front pass 33 13/16
rear driver 34 3/8
rear pass 34 1/4

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are the front's not supposed to be the same? this goes with the back too, arent they supposed to line up with each other.

i can maybe see why the back maybe be slightly off depending on how much gas in the tank, but i don't know, mine seems to be like 3/4 to an 1' off

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i actually think my back is even, but it seems that the front is slightly off.

on one side i have 33' and on the other side i have 32'3/4 so it's off by half an inch.

is that normal or no?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
This is absolutely a loaded question! - There are 8 to 10 different spring rates at a minimum that GM used over the various years. (Not including the SS front springs which are higher rate, but physically shorter). You could line up 10 stock of our trucks and easily get 10 different measurements. Some have the back only marginally higher than the front, others have more than a 2" difference between them. My Envoy came with the 2nd or 3rd heaviest spring rates in the back, so the GF drops really gave the amount of drop they touted....possibly slightly more. Figure a range from slightly over 32 inches to around 34.5 inches for a range in the back.

It seems that many trucks have what the refer to as a 'gangsta lean', with usually the passenger side slightly lower than the driver side......it usually evens out when with driver only on board. (Some of that may be due to the offset of the caster to compensate for road crown, which slightly lowers the passenger side by pushing that wheel farther forward.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts