Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Anyone have any idea if this would work as a relative easy work around to add aftermarket amp and getting decent low level output from a high input source like the factory deck? Seem to be fairly easy thing to tap into your factory oem was thinking once all setup proper you could mount it near the factory amp to keep it hidden then just a matter of connecting your amps and tie into factory wiring if you were to keep stock speakers or re wire as well if you plan to upgrade for more power and what not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOQhLci0vso

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know line out converter work, but I mean has anyone used a full version loc instead of just one for the woofer, and could this be used right off the deck, or is it better to use it off the amp then feed to the loc?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
I know line out converter work, but I mean has anyone used a full version loc instead of just one for the woofer, and could this be used right off the deck, or is it better to use it off the amp then feed to the loc?
yes, people have used LOCs for high-range speakers, and not only subs. If you're going to do that, then I recommend something like the JL Audio CleanSweep.

As for where it can be mounted, it does depend on what head unit you have. For non-Bose systems, you can tap the speaker outputs at the back of the head unit, or at the B-pillars. If you have a Bose system, you can tap either at the B-pillars, or at the amplifier, in the cargo area, on the passenger side.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol chrome makes the world turn lol.

Yeah only reason I posted that one up was I saw it else where so just did a review check on it.. I saw that JL Clean sweep after as well... So no in regards to tapping it at the amp in the back which is where I would most likely tap into at.. do you do it before in goes into the amp or can you use the feed when it's coming out the amp, just curious if there's more gains or if would let you keep some of the features of the bose like the sound separation and what not? Or is that done by the deck alone? EQ settings I mean... was brain farting lol

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
lol chrome makes the world turn lol.

Yeah only reason I posted that one up was I saw it else where so just did a review check on it.. I saw that JL Clean sweep after as well... So no in regards to tapping it at the amp in the back which is where I would most likely tap into at.. do you do it before in goes into the amp or can you use the feed when it's coming out the amp, just curious if there's more gains or if would let you keep some of the features of the bose like the sound separation and what not? Or is that done by the deck alone? EQ settings I mean... was brain farting lol
You would definitely have to do it AFTER the amp.

It won't matter, because in both instances you need to do it after the amp... but the LUX system applies DSP at the amp, and the non-LUX system applies DSP at the head unit. But, either way, you would add the LOC post-amp.

I would recommend the JL Audio CleanSweep over any other LOC, simply because it will do the best job at removing the craptastic shaping that the factory system does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts