Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into a problem today after getting my MAF/Mass Air Flow Sensor in the mail :confused: from Summit Racing i did all the background work and found the part i was looking for.
Now that i try and install it i can't seem to do so. :duh:
It's for the 4.2L i have installed a K&N cold air intake and as well as a Airaid Poweraid TBS Throttle Body Spacers.

Now can any one help me out with the install or a picture of how it should look?

Sorry to say summit Racing did not send me the install plans i did call them and they said they would send me out the install plans in 2 weeks way to long for me to wait. :confused:

Truck is a 2003 Trailblazer LS 4.2L

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Well you're gonna need to put that back in the packaging and ship it back to Summit, the I6 until 2006 (or late 05s with the new engine) do not have a MAF. If I were you Id return the TBS too, it is true I have one on my TB but its the biggest paperweight Ive bought. Not really any extra power or mileage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well you're gonna need to put that back in the packaging and ship it back to Summit, the I6 until 2006 (or late 05s with the new engine) do not have a MAF. If I were you Id return the TBS too, it is true I have one on my TB but its the biggest paperweight Ive bought. Not really any extra power or mileage.
Damn why would Summit Racing have it on there site for the 2003 trailblazers if i can't use it :confused:

So far the TBS has not given me any problems and seems to help when towing my Boat. but that could be the K&N cold air intake as well.
I don't know much about SUV's so any and all help is appreciated.

If need be i'll send the unit back to summit racing.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,055 Posts
There are two possibilities - both probable mistakes in their database:

1. They have parts crossing between the old Blazer platform and the new Trailblazer platform. The old platform had the V6, which I believe has aftermarket MAF sensors.

P.S. The old platform was still produced in 2003. I have seen this kind of error with many manufacturers/sellers.

2. They have parts crossing between the 4.2 I6 and 5.3 V8. I also believe there are aftermarket MAF sensors for the V8.

Here is a Granatelli page with the MAFs. As you can see they make them for both the old V6 and the new V8

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/car.php?pid=20

AG

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
:iagree: There are no MAF sensors on our intakes. there is a temperature sensor right on the intake, if thats what you mean. but that pic you posted is definetly a MAF sensor, something we don't have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:iagree: There are no MAF sensors on our intakes. there is a temperature sensor right on the intake, if thats what you mean. but that pic you posted is definetly a MAF sensor, something we don't have.
Well i thank you all for the HELP now i will be sending it back to Summit Racing and i'll end up buying something else that will help in power.

What else could i do to gain more power from my motor?:confused:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Well i thank you all for the HELP now i will be sending it back to Summit Racing and i'll end up buying something else that will help in power.

What else could i do to gain more power from my motor?:confused:
You already have a CAI (and TBS), so get a tune first thing then an exhaust. Efans if you dont really tow that much but I dont know whats up with them lately so Id talk to PCM4Less about that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking at the Borla Stainless Steel Cat-Back Systems.
I do tow alot when it comes to summer as i fish 4 times a week.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
130 Posts
Extra cheese for your pizza..

I have done some dyno work on my 03 TB LT and the TBS I got from jet does very little in the way of anything the core on it is too short to make a impact on the flow this is also true with the airiad TBS the dyno readout picked up more power from my PFK K&N with the TBS off then on I would look at PCM4Less or Westers also watch your mods when getting it inspected or if you have any extented warrenty onit..:tiphat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts