Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

341 - 360 of 375 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I'm 17, no mechanical knowledge.
And it seems no patience to read the links you've been given. :no: :rolleyes: :hopeless Come back AFTER you've read the links.

And what's your budget? You can spend $200 for the lift, $500 to install it, and without spending an additional $600-1200 on tires, it will look downright STUPID with tiny stock tires in huge wheelwells.

I guess you just want it to look "mean"? This was the wrong vehicle to get as a gift if you're looking for lots of aftermarket parts to easily slap on to make it look better. :sadcry:

You'll be reducing your daily mileage 2-4 MPG with a lift and aggressive tires. Add this to your budget.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
264 Posts
More reading:

http://jd.offroadtb.com/modifications/index.htm

Mandatory.

What do you mean "get the lifts installed"? Most folks here on this enthusiast site are DIY'ers. Or they have friends with experience and tools. You can spend TRIPLE your budget if you're just going to pay a mechanic to install items. And many of them like 4WD/Offroad shops won't install parts that you buy and bring into them. It's like bringing your own eggs into a restaurant and asking for a discount on their breakfast price.

Tell us more about yourself, and why you want a lift but aren't going to do the work. :undecided

If you want a turnkey lifted truck, just take a full wallet to the nearest 4WD shop and ask them to design one. :yes: Seriously, this site has very, very few folks who do that. How much reading have you done yet in the Suspension and Offroad forums? Under 8 hours, and I think you aren't done yet. This is not an easy vehicle to design a lift package for.
I'm 17, no mechanical knowledge. Parents got me the TB as a gift. What I'm wondering, when people get them lifted, they buy wheel spacers, what is the purpose of these and do you need them?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
454 Posts
Roadie give the poor guy a break hes 17. not everyone is in there later 20's+ and have a budget and time like you to dedicate just to there TB. as for buying a 200 kit and 500 installation do you really think most of the people driving rams, chevy 1500 and fords buy and do there own lifts? NO thats why there are 4x4 shops for that because not everyone does this themselves. As for his rims and tires, its his truck maybe he wont think it looks stupid. He may not want to spend 1k on tires alone.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm 17, no mechanical knowledge. Parents got me the TB as a gift. What I'm wondering, when people get them lifted, they buy wheel spacers, what is the purpose of these and do you need them?
They buy the spacers for wheel clearance. With out them alot of people on here would be hitting the upper ball joint. If you are going to run 31IN+ is where i think you need to start looking into spacers but youll have to read for that as im not totally sure

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Yes, I'm harsh. My personal opinion is that new drivers without a lot of experience in vehicles shouldn't be lifting them and increasing their chances of a rollover accident. Which is why many parents forbid their kids still living at home and not on their own, from having lift kits. I'm speaking as a parent in this case, not as a helpful trailvoy member. Apologies.

I still think 4WD shops aren't going to look kindly on anybody bringing in their own lift kit, so the right thing to do is to find a local shop, and ask them how much for a SuspensionMAXX or BDS kit, installed and out the door. We have no idea what a shop would charge in his area.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
264 Posts
And it seems no patience to read the links you've been given. :no: :rolleyes: :hopeless Come back AFTER you've read the links.

And what's your budget? You can spend $200 for the lift, $500 to install it, and without spending an additional $600-1200 on tires, it will look downright STUPID with tiny stock tires in huge wheelwells.

I guess you just want it to look "mean"? This was the wrong vehicle to get as a gift if you're looking for lots of aftermarket parts to easily slap on to make it look better. :sadcry:

You'll be reducing your daily mileage 2-4 MPG with a lift and aggressive tires. Add this to your budget.

Unlike trailvoy, the link you posted does not have an iPhone version, and we already have offroad tires.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes, I'm harsh. My personal opinion is that new drivers without a lot of experience in vehicles shouldn't be lifting them and increasing their chances of a rollover accident. Which is why many parents forbid their kids still living at home and not on their own, from having lift kits. I'm speaking as a parent in this case, not as a helpful trailvoy member. Apologies.

I still think 4WD shops aren't going to look kindly on anybody bringing in their own lift kit, so the right thing to do is to find a local shop, and ask them how much for a SuspensionMAXX or BDS kit, installed and out the door. We have no idea what a shop would charge in his area.
I understand that a 15-16yr old shouldnt have a lifted vehicle for the first truck. Now i would rather have a 17yr-18yr old with a mildly lifted truck such as our TV's since the suspension kit wont change that much on how the vehicle reacts. Because i have seen many times where i get some of these soldiers who have all this money from deployment and spend it on a lift and have never driven a 4X4 or a lifted veh and they roll it over. Rollovers don't just apply to teenagers as im sure you have probably come close your self out in the desert. And yes the 4X4 shops do frown upon bringing in your own lift but most will still do them. Now like you said if he buys another brands kit which im not even going to sugges as this is markmc thread, they do give a discounted rate if you buy it and have them install it. as for true5l since you still are in highschool and serious about the suspension kit, contact your schools auto body class or shop class as most of the tiime they work on their own vehicles. And they may be able to help you out with some free labor and all you have to do is supply parts.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I understand that a 15-16yr old shouldnt have a lifted vehicle for the first truck. Now i would rather have a 17yr-18yr old with a mildly lifted truck such as our TV's since the suspension kit wont change that much on how the vehicle reacts. Because i have seen many times where i get some of these soldiers who have all this money from deployment and spend it on a lift and have never driven a 4X4 or a lifted veh and they roll it over. Rollovers don't just apply to teenagers as im sure you have probably come close your self out in the desert. And yes the 4X4 shops do frown upon bringing in your own lift but most will still do them. Now like you said if he buys another brands kit which im not even going to sugges as this is markmc thread, they do give a discounted rate if you buy it and have them install it. as for true5l since you still are in highschool and serious about the suspension kit, contact your schools auto body class or shop class as most of the tiime they work on their own vehicles. And they may be able to help you out with some free labor and all you have to do is supply parts.
I lifted my first truck before I had a license. It required 2 inches of lift to clear my bfg mts when the snowplows extra weight was hanging on the front.

I have never driven a truck I didnt lift for the past 15 years and have never had any issues. The only other cars I had were rwd v8's. It is all in the person owning and driving it. I had 300 plus HP and manual trans at age 19 and handled it fine. However if you can't install the lift and afford to fix what a lift will let you break, DO NOT GET ONE. It is one thing to need help lifting a truck...it shows you want to learn and are wanting the responsibility...it is a whole other thing to just slap down some cash and get back a truck that will need attention paid when driving and will likely need more maintenence and care to own.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Update

The 3" Body lift will be back in production soon, with High Voltage as my partner.:hail:

Thanks to Kman1022 for his procrastination of installing and donation of the only uninstalled kit that we needed for retooling.:thx

·
Registered
422 Posts
The 3" Body lift will be back in production soon, with High Voltage as my partner.:hail:

Thanks to Kman1022 for his procrastination of installing and donation of the only uninstalled kit that we needed for retooling.:thx
Holy sweet jesus. This post just put a big smile on my face :D:D

I was almost 100% ready to just go buy me some new 33in tires and say F it BUT now that I read this I'm gonna have to break open the ol piggy bank and throw some money your way.. AGAIN.. sir mark :hail::hail:

Make sure you PM me when you get some done I'll be more then glad to purchase asap :thx

(Don't mind the pointless ramboling, I got into a fight with a big chunk of metal the other day and the painkillers the drs gave me are AMAZING:cool:)

·
Registered
454 Posts
looks damn good matt. Glad to see that Envoy in the air and not on the ground like before LOL. If you ever down in my area let me know well go out on some trails or something.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Nice Matt
Glad to help bro, looks like you found the sweet spot.;)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #360 (Edited)
When will this kit be available? Cost?
The restart of this project has taken a little longer than expected.
Some of the parts that make up the kits have arrived, Brackets, bolts and other hardware. Just waiting on the steering extensions to complete the orders..Hope to have some next week..

$400 shipped to anywhere with a zip code is the cost.
Over seas shipping is a little more $$

Thank you to the guys that made advance purchases to help get this project
back up and running!:hail:
:thx

decembersend (David from Sarasota) and his friend Brian was at our place last weekend for a 3" install,
we had to use parts off mrsmarks TB to complete the lift..
Hope the hurricanes miss us, cus her TB is stuck in the garage...:duh:

Attachments

341 - 360 of 375 Posts