Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

321 - 340 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Stock

Before Body... Mark's Suspension kit with 265-70-17 Silent Armors on 17x8 Eagle offroad rims.

After 3 inch body with 305-65-17 Pro Comp Xtreme MT's on Pro Comp extreme 17x9 knight khrome wheels

Hope those help see the difference.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
187 Posts
:drool:drool:drool:drool wow, i really want my truck to look like that lol

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
How much money do you have into your setup as it sits? Looks bad azz by the way:thumbsup:

I have as more in work than money. Worked with mark on some aspects of his kit and worked for sales and discounts every where. Did good on rims and tires, but .....

lifts, body and suspension and shocks and struts, adjustable bar....800ish
rims and tires and spacers..just under 2000
cut fenders...free
sliders..200ish
skid.. 150ish
paint..free
bumper..75
rack..traded for
taillight guards 50 ish
odds and ends..several hundred prolly.

3000-4000ish, but alot of help and time spent. Got to thanks markmc and bartonmd for the help. I bought and sold alot of things along the way, but it all works well now
;)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have install insturctions like with the suspension lefts. A couple of techs are both intrigued and a little confused by seeing a picture of the kit. Since they would be helping install they need to see what I am getting them into. Thanks the suspension lift goes on this weekend can't wait.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice lookin TB Hardtrailz. Gonna do at least some of this when I get new tires. I couldn't find how much the 2.5 lift costs and also what body lift are yall using. It looks badazz. Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
also what body lift are yall using.

Dave

I take it you didn't read or even look at the first page of this thread!!!

:crazy::no::crazy::no::crazy::no::crazy::no::crazy::no::crazy:

Quite a few people are also using marc's lift that he makes.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
19 Posts
looking good!! I m wanting to start the transformation - lift tire rim s body lift where do I start? I m currently living in an apartment with no garage my buddy is pretty mechanical and has the tools is this something that can be done or do you need to have somebody do this When do you buy the spacer s I d like to go with Mark's lift just researching and asking questions want to be the most informed of what i m getting into

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a quick question about marks body lift or any body lift I guess, if I put a body lift on my tb will my nerf bars and brush guard still be in the place or will I have relocate the brackets for them like you have to do with the front and rear bumpers?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Brush guards that bolt to the frame will be left behind when the body goes up. Running boards and nerf bars that are typically mounted to the body will go up.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I have a quick question about marks body lift or any body lift I guess, if I put a body lift on my tb will my nerf bars and brush guard still be in the place or will I have relocate the brackets for them like you have to do with the front and rear bumpers?
You will need to fab up some brackets to use the brushguard. I have the frame mounted rear that I dont use anymore because i cant figure out how I would put the brackets in there. I did consider and you could weld them when you get them where you want them.
If you have the nerf bars that bolt under doors to body they will move up with it. but will get ripped off if you actually wheel it.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
344 Posts
I didn't realize the brackets for a brushguard or bumpers would be affected by a 2.5" lift. I thought the lift was all in the springs and shock areas. Looks like more learning I need to do :coffee. I tell ya, when it comes to marine diesels and boat engines I rock.....but when it comes to cars I am but merely a padawan (if that :x)

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I didn't realize the brackets for a brushguard or bumpers would be affected by a 2.5" lift. I thought the lift was all in the springs and shock areas.
Mark's 2.5" suspension lift is. Brushguards and bumpers are not affected by that lift.

You asked about the BODY lift - which is different.

For more reading:

http://www.4wheelonline.com/article_liftkit.htm

http://www.off-road.com/offroad/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=285523

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/436837/body_lift_or_suspension_lift_what_is.html

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
344 Posts
Case in point, thanks roadie :hail:

I'm still transitioning from sailboats and boats in general to trucks. I have much to learn. Thanks for the reading material.

:eek:fftopic: Now back to your regularly scheduled program

·
Registered
454 Posts
the lift kits that mark sells are 100% complete. The only spacers you may need will be wheel spacers for if you are going to run bigger tires. Be sure to grind off lug nuts as there will be lik 1/2in that sticks out past the spacer on the rear

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
More reading:

http://jd.offroadtb.com/modifications/index.htm

Mandatory.

What do you mean "get the lifts installed"? Most folks here on this enthusiast site are DIY'ers. Or they have friends with experience and tools. You can spend TRIPLE your budget if you're just going to pay a mechanic to install items. And many of them like 4WD/Offroad shops won't install parts that you buy and bring into them. It's like bringing your own eggs into a restaurant and asking for a discount on their breakfast price.

Tell us more about yourself, and why you want a lift but aren't going to do the work. :undecided

If you want a turnkey lifted truck, just take a full wallet to the nearest 4WD shop and ask them to design one. :yes: Seriously, this site has very, very few folks who do that. How much reading have you done yet in the Suspension and Offroad forums? Under 8 hours, and I think you aren't done yet. This is not an easy vehicle to design a lift package for.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
264 Posts
I'm 17, no mechanical knowledge. Parents got me the TB as a gift. What I'm wondering, when people get them lifted they add spacers, I'm just wondering if they are neccesary.

·
Registered
454 Posts
roadie just likes to be an ass sometims with out knowing everything. Being as you are 17 and you say you have no mechanical knowledge, your best option may be to have someone else install it. Now if you are wanting to try to lift it yourself i would say contact a few members in your chapter/ area that have done it and see if they wouldnt mind helping. Neither kit is overly difficult and the instructions are easy to read. The suspension lift is very easy and the body will give you a fit at sertain points bout its a great learning experience. Now most shops will charge you a bit as i was going to have a shop do mine since im deployed alot and at training and they were going to charge 1600 for body and suspension lift. May be different in your area. Do what you think is best for your TB. You canlearn quite a bit of information on here and ill tell you i didnt read 8HRS in the suspension and offroad section before i did mine. But i got the help of 3 other members on here to give me a helping hand. There are plenty of nice guys and gals on here that will help you. Just have to ask IMO

321 - 340 of 375 Posts