Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

441 - 455 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
The rear shocks have enough travel to accommodate the extra 2"

Copy that MARKMC, is your yahoo email still good to send to? Not sure if Im gonna buy just yet but earlier in the post you said you had some hookups for shocks and other goodies

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
Copy that MARKMC, is your yahoo email still good to send to? Not sure if Im gonna buy just yet but earlier in the post you said you had some hookups for shocks and other goodies
yahoo account was hacked and deleted years ago.
Hit me up at the gmail or website listed in my signature.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
The rear shocks have enough travel to accommodate the extra 2"

I have your 3" lift and the rear makes a loud bang while going over speed bumps. This is probably caused by the shocks not extending far enough. Any replacement shocks you'd recommend? Link to them?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
I have your 3" lift and the rear makes a loud bang while going over speed bumps. This is probably caused by the shocks not extending far enough. Any replacement shocks you'd recommend? Link to them?
check the lower shock bolts for tightness.
Some guys upgrade rear shocks to skyjacker #N8030

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
Can anyone explain to me why the shocks would be the same length with and without the 1.5" spacer between the coil and top mount? The only thing that looks like it changed is the coil compression maybe helping with the body roll around quick corners or so

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
Lift is achieved by spring compression. not by length of strut.
The strut itself is overtravel limiter. no bumpstops on frame like most trucks.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
The bumper pic is in the Gallery. I don't want to clutter up the thread or the server, so I'll just ask you to take a look there. The bumper was built by Icon 4X4, the same guys that installed the lift. The only thing I don't like about it is the fog light beam spread. It doesn't shine in the center of the rig. I'm going to add another set of lights on either side of the winch (not installed yet, coming October 2009).

:hijacked Enough about the bumper here. I don't want to hijack the thread any further. I'll all of my mods on another, more appropriate, thread.

Looks great!! Like the bumper!!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
Yes the 3/2 kits are available.
you can purchase direct from the lift shop page in my website.
theliftmeister.com

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Yes the 3/2 kits are available.
you can purchase direct from the lift shop page in my website.
theliftmeister.com
Awesome, I plan on picking up the 3" kit. While I'm at it I'm probably going to go ahead and redo my struts and springs, and recommendations?

I'm doing this all on an 08 TB LT 4x4 with 105k miles. Going from stock I'm aiming to fit 32" A/T tires on it. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I might one day add in the 3" body kit to reach for the sky on 35's but we'll see!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
Go with HD Bilstien front struts paired with moog 81112 springs.
Some guys upgrade rear shocks to skyjacker #N8030

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
I need this kit in my life ?

I'm not able to message you. So please shoot me an email so we can talk about the kit. I'm new but I'm loving this site for all the info. :hail:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
9 Posts
Do you have a recommendation for shocks for the rear with this kit?
I just bought the skyjacker n8030 off of amazon for $50 each, they’re 2” longer than the stock shocks which help with articulation and not overextending the shock when lifted, however you have to use about 20 7/16” grade 8 washers (10 per shock, 5 on each side of the shock) as spacers as the lower mounting point is a little more narrow than the stock shocks, but totally worth it! You might not need that many depending on the thickness of the washers

441 - 455 of 455 Posts