Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

661 - 680 of 682 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
max lift on gmc envoy (2007)

I am wondering what is the highest lift I can get with this vehicle. also would I be able to squat this vehicle? thanks

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #662
3 inch is the max without causing over travel condition.
lowering the truck question would be best inquired in another thread.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
So Mark, I checked your website and saw your prices, however I saw that you had member discount prices listed around here. Sorry I'm new here still trying to find my way around. My real question is, with your 2.5" kit and wheel spacers what is the biggest tire I can run. Also what would the member price be for those two items?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
Can anyone explain to me why the shocks would be the same length with and without the 1.5" spacer between the coil and top mount? The only thing that looks like it changed is the coil compression maybe helping with the body roll around quick corners or so

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Yes! Do it!

I am interested.
Sounds like a decent price...
I would purchase a set.
I can't believe there already isn't a set out there - as there are a lot of trailblazers in the world.

-Heather

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
6 Posts
Can anyone explain to me why the shocks would be the same length with and without the 1.5" spacer between the coil and top mount? The only thing that looks like it changed is the coil compression maybe helping with the body roll around quick corners or so
The spacer simply adds preload to the spring (as any spacer would for a lift), but what you are realizing is that you still have the same down-travel limit as you did before. This means that after the lift spacers are installed, you will indeed lift the truck because the springs will not compress much when you put weight back on the tires. A longer shock would indeed allow for more down travel, but the rest of the suspension is not set up for it (ball joints, control arm motion, steering geometry, cv joints). This type of lift would require much more than just spring spacers (such as dropping the axle).

Hope this helps! I just installed this lift myself - LOVE IT!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Hey everyone first post. I just sent Mark an email to order his 3" billet front upper bushings/spacers and some wheel spacers.

I'm on eBay now looking for some z71 springs. Have these gone up in price? I only see a set for $112.

Also rear Tahoe z71 springs and Mark's 3" front lift will work well together??

Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Definately

Definitely like Markmc's stuff!!!
Anybody have a pic of TB with Markmc 3" lift with stock wheels and tires

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
7 Posts
I'm looking at the 3" Suspension Kit versus the 3" Lift and Level Kit from The Lift Meister.

The suspension kit is $250.00 while the L & L Kit is $195.00, what is the difference?

I plan to go with a Westin grill guard up front after I do my suspension lift, but I'm not sure which kit to go with.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #672 (Edited)
I'm looking at the 3" Suspension Kit versus the 3" Lift and Level Kit from The Lift Meister.

The suspension kit is $250.00 while the L & L Kit is $195.00, what is the difference?

I plan to go with a Westin grill guard up front after I do my suspension lift, but I'm not sure which kit to go with.
$249 kit is machined from billet.
$195 kit is made of more affordable cast aluminum.
same lift basicaly..
FYI:
If you send me email through my website, be sure to enter your email address correctly or i will not be able to reply to your message.
a lot of guys misspell thier email and i have no way of contacting them..

So..if you sent me a message and i have not replyed its because the email address you entered was not correct..

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
38 Posts
Phew! Just read a whole bunch of these pages... full of GREAT info! Definitely looking at getting this for my son's Envoy. He just totalled his '05 TB that he loved, but we were able to find a cherry '07 Envoy with less than 80k on it to replace it. Looking at the 2-1/2" kit from Mark for this. :thumbsup:

Question - He tows a boat, and has Air Lift bags installed now. With the rear spacers interfere with the Air Lift bags he has installed, or will they work well together? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
7 Posts
Before and After Pics - 2005 Envoy

Got Mark's lift installed with new struts and shocks. 3 inches is quite a bit, and maybe too much for most people, but I'm not climbing rocks or traversing a mud pit, so I think my CV half shafts will last a while. I'll be adding brush guards front and back plus a new stereo, among other modifications. Thank you Mark for your help and advice!!:thx:thx:thx

PS: Tried for 10 minutes to post pics, but they kept uploading upside-down, what's that all about?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
12 Posts
Rear Lift

Got the front lift installed last night. No issues. I’ve decided to leave the back alone for now. Any suggestions on mounting the rear spacers to the axle so I can keep the air bags? If not I think I will try and figure out how to get the free couple of inch lift out of adjusting the airbags. Any links or ideas on how I do that?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
Finally got it lifted

After a long time lurking finally pulled the trigger.

2.5" Liftmeister Lift
No wheel spacers
Bilstein HD Front Struts
Skyjacker Rear Shocks
BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2s 255/70R17

661 - 680 of 682 Posts