Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Making Cadillac's gmt360 for them

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  pdcomm 
#1 ·
So I'm approaching 19 years old, and on my second trailblazer; this time for $550with a 5.3l v8 (SWB BABY). Now it was cheap because of a bad starter, and any 5.3l owner, hopefully, knows that it is a PITA to replace. Granted I am an 18 year old doing this in my parents driveway. After looking around in my cities pick and pull yard I got to thinking. Almost every gm company made a gmt360, buick a company well known for cars made the rainier, the bravado wasn't too unexpected but still different, but even SAAB made the 97-x. Cadillac on the other hand, gm's high class division, in my opinion known for SUVs; made nothing. So after finding a beautiful silver-blue 2006 trailblazer with a 5.3l v8 I decided I was going to fix their hugh oversight. When I first bought the car I noticed a few major issues. For starters the previous owner smoked, a lot, and the now destroyed light gray cloth interior was unacceptable even if I could clean it. So I grabbed a few black leather interior from an envoy Denali, being sure to grab all wiring harnesses along the way. Then I slowly started wiring in the heated power seats, steering wheel controls, and extra 12 volts because why not. Then I turned my focus to the engine compartment. it leaks. All of it. The 5.3l I bought has some miles...192k but I'm not to concerned because after taking care of the AFM, a 5.3l usually lasts quite longer than just 200k, but I'm more than capable of rebuilding. So Im a little tired of typing but heres some photos put it together 😄

Yes I almost decided on going with saturn

Slapped in a limited slip right away

Money shot

I painted the hooks and am thinking of getting an 06+ lt bumper with fog lights because my 04 trailblazer has them and I want them. Then i would pair it to a custom made grill that is just mesh similar to an envoy, but still extending into the headlights, because the 06+ lt lights are hideous. That leaves a nice canvas for a caddy emblem.

I still have some seals and gaskets to replace, but I am in Wisconsin, and winter is a coming. Next spring I will rebuild the trans, for safty nothings wrong yet, and retail the engines seals checking wear on rods and lifters while I'm in there.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice work! Please keep us posted on your progress!

Reactions: BlueLightning
#14 ·
-=-=-=UPDATE-=-=-=-Finally fully recovered from the accident in march. I didnt get to compound and polish the new paint yet, but I got the bumper/grill combo that I always wanted and Im going to start ordering cadillac emblems and maybe a 2018 silverado gauge cluster just to spruce up the interior.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.