Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
dntnvme said:
Great Job, Looks great. If someone would like I have Autodesk Inventor 10 coming in the mail. The program is huge tho 3.2 gig DVD-rom.
Can I get a copy of it? :D I know they're HUGE!! I tried copying it off the school computer but it was way too big :crazy:

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
jjsryd said:
Hey Glue, you can always just spray paint that cardboard piece. Problem solved. :D
Maybe I should :rotfl:

I bought some aluminum sheet from RONA and some pipe insulation wrap to cover the outside of it and i'm gonna cover the pipe too because I bought too much lol

Total cost so far is $20 Canadian. $4 for the aluminum and $16 for the pipe wrap :D

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
50 Posts
Aluminium

I think aluminium would work fine for what you want to do. What you might do is get some small peices of aluminium like 2"x2" and make test peices. Paint them with diff paints and such, you can even get that rhino liner stuff in a can. I don't think it's "Rhino liner" but the same kind of stuff? Put these peices in a hot part of the eng, but where it will cause no damage like next to the exhuast manifold to see what will stand up to the heat. You might even try some of that BBQ Grill paint, they make a few diff colors for grill paint. If it was me I would just go with the aluminium look or maybe sand it to give it that brushed look. Aluminium will get hot, but it also should cool down fast too. When or if you try the peices try differant thicknesses to see what will get hotter and stays cooler. You don't have to put it next to the manifold it was just an idea, but where you are putting the shild at would be just fine.
Good luck, I will like to see the finished product.
Boomer

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I cut out the aluminum sheild. Took 1 hour and about a gallon of sweat :crazy: Then I spray painted both sides with some black high heat paint. Took the Intake off, wrapped it with the pipe insulation, then put some on the outside portion of the heat sheild. I was pretty surprised at how much wrap I had left over. I think I only used a quarter or a third :yes: :D Then I put it all together...

BTW, does my TB look dirty?

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
it's about half or a quarter inch away, very little. I was thinking of some rubber tube that I could put on the tip of the sheild to completely seal the gap, but I seriously don't wanna spend any more on it. It only cost me $20!!! :D

·
Registered
872 Posts
Good job on the heat shield. Your "hold down" for the intake looks just like what I used to have.

Now I have on the hollowed out stock box.

edit: email is french for high? I never knew that.

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts
ieatglue said:
it's about half or a quarter inch away, very little. I was thinking of some rubber tube that I could put on the tip of the sheild to completely seal the gap, but I seriously don't wanna spend any more on it. It only cost me $20!!! :D
yep....The airaid one comes with a rubber seal around the top edge. I was thinking that maybe you could find some sort of door moulding that would work. It can't be expensive for as small a piece as you would need. Looks really good so far though!:cool:

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Vince said:
Good job on the heat shield. Your "hold down" for the intake looks just like what I used to have.
Mine actually came with 3 zip ties :weird: I bought a tool bench and it came with 2 mire straps. I cut a piece to size, painted it black and used it as a tie down :D When it comes to making stuff, I can do anything :yes:

Je tres e'mail :rotfl:

·
Registered
872 Posts
ieatglue said:
Mine actually came with 3 zip ties :weird: I bought a tool bench and it came with 2 mire straps. I cut a piece to size, painted it black and used it as a tie down :D When it comes to making stuff, I can do anything :yes:
Mine didn't come with anything. I made that out of a piece of steel stock I bought at home depot.

ieatglue said:
Je tres e'mail :rotfl:
:rolleyes: :no::D

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
BTW, that was just a joke. I've never smoked a day in my life :no: :cool:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3,716 Posts
Looks great Rawad! As for my french... "Je mange le bicyclette" :D

I agree that some weather stripping around the pipe would do the trick!:yes:

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Dacomputernerd said:
Looks great Rawad! As for my french... "Je mange le bicyclette" :D

I agree that some weather stripping around the pipe would do the trick!:yes:
I'll see if I can get some from a junk yard or something and don't eat your bike...

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts
ieatglue said:
I'll see if I can get some from a junk yard or something and don't eat your bike...
ok...so I am not nuts...he said something about eating a bike right??? anyway, yes you could probably pick something up at a junk yard that would work.....like the moulding on the trunk of an old hoopty should work well!:cool:

21 - 40 of 63 Posts