Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it's been 2 weeks I've been driving my new 03 TB LT/EXT. I need a lil guidance on what to do. I like to service my own vehicle so I don't get ripped off. Unfortunately a new car means a new beginning on learning your vehicle. Can anyone guide me on what to do. It has 102K miles I don't know when it was last serviced honestly and I cant afford the extended warranty until next month maybe. I'm looking to do a full service tune-up. My A/C is nice and cold. The heat is hot as hell. I have a lil whining noise while driving that is killing me as well as vibration while braking. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Help a POORRican out thanks.
Recomendations for oils,grease,Spark plugs,etc. I need my baby at her best she is definately a jewel I want to keep.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
off the top of my head...

AC DELCO plugs.
replace serpentine belt
flush brake lines
replace rear differential gear lube
replace shocks
check brake pads- turn rotors (cause of vibration?)
replace tranny fluid.
coolant change/thermostat replaced?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
AWD also needs the transfer case fluid changed. GM recommended interval is 50K and you ignore that at your peril. Checking the level at the very least is mandatory. As well as the front diff.

At least there's no plug wires or distributor. :cool:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
What the roadie and rbarrios said plus you're having brake vibrations so Id do rotors and pads. If you get some r1concepts rotors and pads off eBay they're cheap, think like less than 300 for 4 rotors and pads.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,369 Posts
Also remember that if you are ever considering upgrades like air intake or whatever, this is the time to do it before you spend money on another stock part. Other than that, what you're looking for has been covered above!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone how about recomendations for fluids. I dont wanna put in any cheap crap that i need to change evry month. would like something that actually helps the car last not burn things out.

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Thanks everyone how about recomendations for fluids. I dont wanna put in any cheap crap that i need to change evry month. would like something that actually helps the car last not burn things out.
The factory specs call for synthetic fluid so as long as your shop has fluid that meets or exceeds gm specs then they will be fine. Some guys go the extra mile for Royal Purple but that is a personal thing. :m2:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1,356 Posts
Somethign people have missed mentioning but I did not want to assume you checked already .. replace the air filter .. and clean the throttle body (see write up on site )

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Also wouldn't be a bad idea to change the fuel filter and run some fuel injector cleaner like techron or seafoam a couple times:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts