Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trailblazer just had a engine installed in April. It has ran perfect till last week . I noticed it started leaking oil. In a week I went from adding what was a single quart since April . To adding two quarts every other day. It ran fine , then all of a sudden my rpm stopped kicking down on it's own. It was still take gas but rpm stayed around 4. so I parked it , went out to see if we could find the leak a few hours later. Well there is now a stream of oil under my suv . it's a thin steady pour . all my oil is now on the ground . oil filter is tight. oil plug is spotless. It seems to be coming from the passenger side around my alternator . Hard to see due to hoses and frame exactly where it's coming from when everything is soak with oil underneath. Any clue where to even start. In the picture i circled in red where the stream is.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
149 Posts
The best advice I can give you is to jack it up, put it on jack-stands, and pull the wheel off. Then get under there and look. Hopefully it's not the oil pan cracked. If you have a 4wd it's a lot of work to replace.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,415 Posts
Maybe its best to take it back to the place that did the engine change, should be under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts