Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

major electrical problems

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mnfullers 
#1 ·
i am in desperate need of help. it all started with the heated seats not working and i come to find that a metal bracket on the seat had broken and picked a wire. By this time the power seats did not work. i then checked the fuse box under the back seat and found the mini circuit breaker was extremely hot and was a different color than the other ones. i assumed it was bad. i took the seat our, welded the bracket that was broke, got a new mini circuit breaker, and put the seat back in.

Now i have no radio or anything on the main console. no power seats still. i went through all the fuses and nothing. i am at a total loss. i dont have a ton of money right now, and need to get my car fixed soon. please help me out.

#9 ·
The megafuse is opaque black plastic, so you can only confirm it's bad using a meter. Either with the power off using the continuity mode, or with the power on checking voltage at either end of the fuse. If they're different voltages, then the fuse is open.

Here's the definitive post on what's run by the megafuse:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showpost.php?p=672328&postcount=26

A summary of rear fuse panel loads that come only through the 6 AWG feed wire:

Liftgate module (solenoid for rear glass and hatch)
Seat memory module
Overhead console - garage door opener / voice recorder
Onstar
Radio
XM
HVAC control module
Sunroof
Aux power outlets
Rear Blower motor (LWB)
Interior lights via BCM (courtesy and reading lamps)
Dimmable lamps (gauges, radio, switches)
Seat motors
Door locks and window motors
Parking lamps
Rear wiper
Backup lamps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.