Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal I replaced the carpet in my 2005 Envoy and now I am having some serious electrical issues. I have lost the blower motor, 2-4 wheel selector switch does nothing, turn signals, hazards, head light controls, my 4 wheel light service is on, and it wont shift out of park. I have to manualy engage the solinoid to shift from park to drive. Man I am in some serious trouble if I cant get this figured out! I am thinking it has something to do with one of the fuse boxes/computors but I have cheked all of the wiring and I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary. Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks!

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
I'm going to guess that you inadvertently disconnected the main power wire to your under-seat fuse block, or it shorted when you put some trim back on wrong, and blew the megafuse that feeds the under-seat box's power.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The underseat fuse block that you are refering to is located on the drivers side rear. I am getting some power out of that. I disconnected it to see if all the sending signals were missing from it and lost the dome lights and dash lights until I plugged it back in. Now what doesnt make any since is why would I be getting only partial power from it? I have gone thru the fuses in the box for the signals and they are good as well as the blower fuse and the 4wd fuse is ok. If the megas fuse is blown that would completely eliminate power coming into the fuse box in general and I do have power their. I cant locate an individual ground for that box is their one? I was thinking possible bad ground?

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
In this case, I'm going to suspect you've pulled loose some of the wires that come OUT of the fuse box back there... The fuses for said not working circuits are all A-OK, right?

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok after the good majority of the day completely tearing apart the entire truck again....seats out, center council out, all of the carpeting back out and spending several mind numbing hours with my multimeter tracing wires, I finally tracked it down to a ground block that is located inside the dash behind the selector switches. Apparently instead of one commen ground everything is individual and part of the system is on a seperate ground than the rest of it. The screw that was holding in the plug was loose and when I removed the carpet from under the dash it must have moved it enough to lose a decent contact point so after replacing the ground and making sure it was extremely solid I was back in business. Dash lights all came on blowers fired up, turn signals/hazards worked. The truck is completely back together now and in better than new condition. All I can say is dam what a job! I can pull an engine and rebuild it almost as fast as trying to track down electrical problems. Thanks for the help it was appreciated!:thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts