Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just looking for a heads up on some pricing I can expect to get on some servicing. 2003 Trailblazer, 100k miles, 4WD. I plan on taking this to a dealer.

1. Replacing Spark Plugs
2. Differential Fluid change
3. Transfer case oil 4Wd

any ideas on pricing for these jobs would be of good help

Quaf

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
If you don't mind getting dirty hands, you can save yourself some money. The fluid changes are easy on most '02 & '03 models.....we have drain plugs! :yes: Head over to the Corvette Guys and buy 2 Qts of Royal Purple Synchro-Max for the transfer case and 3 Qts of Royal Purple 75W90 Max-Gear (1 for the front, 2 for the back). - The Royal Purple stuff meets ALL GM specs, including Auto-Trac for the Synchro-Max fluid. That and a 2' length of vinyl tubing or a small hand pump and a catch pan is all you need.

If you want the stuff local, Pep Boys and Auto-Zone also sell the stuff.....Pep Boys is cheaper believe it or not. (I bought mine from the Corvette Guys website and it was 30% cheaper with free shipping at the time).

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
spark plugs are fairly easy.

the rear end is too.. I made a " how to" when I replaced my fluid on my 03.
In the thread theres pictures missing.. but you can go to my picture gallery and the pictures will be visible there. so you can read the thread and have another Trailvoy web page open and reference the pics.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=33529&page=6&highlight=differential+fluid+change

you shold see pics like these in my gallery... it was a relatively easy job.
The only thing I would do different-- is buy the small pump

·
Registered
432 Posts
Why go to a dealer? A reputable independent shop will likely cost less than half of what a dealer would charge. Just make certain that they us the GM specified lubricants.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey all,

Thanks for the input so far. However, I live in an apt and do not have access to the tools. any info on pricing would be greatly appreciated.
quaf

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
...any info on pricing would be greatly appreciated.
I'll do the work for $42 and a case of Red Stripe if you buy all the parts and drive here.

Seriously - we have absolutely no blooming idea where you are, or what your dealer is going to charge. Is it too much to ask that you pick up the phone and ring them up and ask?

And what if we guessed a price that was too low or too high compared with your local dealer?!? You would be either feeling ripped off when they charged you more, or you might put off doing the work if we quoted too high, and then your diff fails and then you hate us for being wrong. It's a no-win scenario for both of us.

Please don't make me conclude you have telephobia.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks for the input so far. However, I live in an apt and do not have access to the tools. any info on pricing would be greatly appreciated.
quaf

sucks to live in an apt bldg.... I dont have prices for what you asked... as those items myself but never called dealer...
I did change my fuel pump though- and called dealer for pricing on the change of fuel pump amd filter... and they quoted me about $1200.
I did it for about $350.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.