Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to find a straight answer on this...

From what I gather, many people have a problem with cabin drone when using a Magnaflow muffler with resonator delete. What I want is a slightly-louder-than-stock and much more aggressive sound. I believe the Magnaflow will give me the sound I want, but I dont want too much cabin drone. I can deal with some noise, but not the kind that drives you crazy after 15 minutes.

So here's my idea for my TB... replace stock muffler with a Magnaflow (5x8x24 or 5x11x28...haven't decided. Suggestions?) and where the resonator is, replace with a standard glasspack (not sure on the length for this either.) What do you think? I'm open to any suggestions that'll get me the sound I want. Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 saab 9_7x
10 Posts
Magnaflow doesn't have near the drone problem that Flowmaster does. I had a Magnaflow with res delete on my 05 LS 4.2L 4x4 and it sounded and looked a hell of a lot better then stock. I went over 60,000 miles with that system and it never became annoying inside. I liked it so much i did the same with my new one. Just don't expect it to sound the same on the I6 as it does on the LS2. My 05 sounded good, but this 08 just sounds badass. But only when i want it to. Sorry i can't tell you what size or part # it was, i had it done like 4 or 5 years ago.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts