Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting an exhaust for my TB. I just don't know whether to go with magnaflow or gibson. I'm lookin for a tone that has a nice deep tone but that's not going to give a pounding headache everytime i'm on the road. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :undecided

·
Registered
100 Posts
Post a few more times and get 10 posts - then search this forum. There are hundreds of threads with this same, or very similar, topic.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
I have both exhaust systems. I had the Gibson on my Rainier and the Magnaflow on my TBSS.. For the I-6 and For the Price, I would go for the Gibson. Since it has a nice side exit exhaust tip.. Instead of out the back like the Magnaflow.

I have the Magnaflow kit on my TBSS and I love it.. It is quiet when it should be and loud when you want it to be.

The Magnaflow is a lot quieter than the Gibson IMHO

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,140 Posts
I'm thinking about getting an exhaust for my TB. I just don't know whether to go with magnaflow or gibson. I'm lookin for a tone that has a nice deep tone but that's not going to give a pounding headache everytime i'm on the road. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :undecided
howdy neighbor! :D

the magnaflow setup is a little more expensive than the gibson. if you want to save some $ go for the gibson. a member posted a video of his gibson setup and i really like it a lot. :yes:

here is a linky (good price)

http://www.ajusa.com/details/index/203/GIB/2811/0/Swept Side Exhaust/0/0/0/0/TRAILBLAZER; L6; 4.2L; GAS

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
35 Posts
I would definately go with the gibson exhaust. It's cheaper than the overpriced magnaflow and it looks good with the side swept look comin out the side instead of the rear. I have the gibson on my 05 TB and i've had a few compliments even from my buddies that drive V-8s.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
11 Posts
Gibson dual exit

I would definately go with the gibson exhaust. It's cheaper than the overpriced magnaflow and it looks good with the side swept look comin out the side instead of the rear. I have the gibson on my 05 TB and i've had a few compliments even from my buddies that drive V-8s.
I have an '02 LS. I see alot of people saying that the Gibson is the best choice. However, all the examples I see are for a single exit. I like the sound of the Gibson, but I want a dual exit out the back. Does Gibson make a dual?

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
:iagree: with everyone on the Magnaflow duals.............it is quite expensive......I paid locally for $900 CAD.................IMO I think its worth it and like the look of it...........if you are trying to save money I would go for the gibson...........but if you got money to burn.......go with the magnaflows!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
23 Posts
according to gibson's site, there is no 4 wheel drive option for a 2004 TB... 2 wheel drive option is available...
anyone know a part number or something?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
61 Posts
my opinion...
im down with magnaflow
i know that i don't have one on my voy but i plan to (crosses fingers!)
and yes its more expensive but my plan is to have an voy that looks slightly modified
the down side is that it kinda looks like a ricer (no offense to my fellow members that have it and like the looks of it)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
269 Posts
howdy neighbor! :D

the magnaflow setup is a little more expensive than the gibson. if you want to save some $ go for the gibson. a member posted a video of his gibson setup and i really like it a lot. :yes:

here is a linky (good price)

http://www.ajusa.com/details/index/203/GIB/2811/0/Swept Side Exhaust/0/0/0/0/TRAILBLAZER; L6; 4.2L; GAS
I've always had stainless exhausts. here it lists an "aluminized." what's the 411 on this, and is it worth anything? Or play it safe and stick with stainless? :undecided

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
143 Posts
Magnaflow dual exit just put on Thursday and it is what they say quiet at idle but nice tone while driving...performance wise there is a noticable difference in acceleration but I would say it has smoothed out my engine during accelerations more then anything and yes there is some resonance in the car at times but not bad at all. Yes I will have pics and video on another thread :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts