Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Magnaflow muffler welded on today. Part # 11229, 4x9 14 inch muffler body. Tried it first with the resonator on and it wasn't quite mean enough so we ended up ditching the resonator and put a 4x18 (i think) rolled tip. This thing is LOUD! probably too much for most people, but I like it. Got on the highway no drone at 70 but you sure can hear it. My last car, 03 Mach 1 had an offroad mid pipe and Magnaflow Magnapack catback (small round mufflers), the SS is not quite as loud but close. I will try to get some clips up this weekend, never posted video's before, any tips?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny thing the guy at the exhaust shop was telling me Magnaflow was a knock off of Flowmaster :no: they did a good job of welding though. Going through the gears its loud and drones before the shifts but once it settles in its not bad. I got on the highway again tonite and was crusing about 70, its not all that loud. Accelerating is a different story though! Again not as loud as what Im used too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
JCattSS said:
Got the Magnaflow muffler welded on today. Part # 11229, 4x9 14 inch muffler body. Tried it first with the resonator on and it wasn't quite mean enough so we ended up ditching the resonator and put a 4x18 (i think) rolled tip. This thing is LOUD! probably too much for most people, but I like it. Got on the highway no drone at 70 but you sure can hear it. My last car, 03 Mach 1 had an offroad mid pipe and Magnaflow Magnapack catback (small round mufflers), the SS is not quite as loud but close. I will try to get some clips up this weekend, never posted video's before, any tips?
I also have a 03 Mach 1. I'm in the process of selling it. I like the SS a lot more... it's way faster and a lot more room. I wish I could get a new SVT Shelby GT500. Final HP rating is 500hp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
jordong said:
I also have a 03 Mach 1. I'm in the process of selling it. I like the SS a lot more... it's way faster and a lot more room. I wish I could get a new SVT Shelby GT500. Final HP rating is 500hp.
I hate to disagree with you, but there is no way that our SS is faster than the Mach 1..........I have a 5-speed Mach 1, AND an Auto Mach 1 (wife's) and I don't think it's faster than either..............I will admit that the 2 auto's might be a driver's race, but given equal drivers, the Mach will walk away.

NEVERTHELESS, I love all 3 of my vehicles..........I love having all 1000+ HP at our fingertips anytime we want...........I love the SS, and maybe with some tuning and/or bolt-ons, it can be the fastest vehicle in my garage.

JC

·
Banned
963 Posts
ON A I6 my shop yesterday did a magnaflow 5x11 case 28 inch overall length 3 inch in/out and 3 inch stainless from cat back and just added a tip like on my ss on it and it sounds perfect. none of the drone everyone is talking about at all just a nice clean sounding truck part number is 12589. Just look up on ebay search enter magnaflow 12589 and you will see what im talking about. he said was a nice power increase and 3 inch didnt hurt low end at all.

If you want you can do a 2.5 inch also all teh way back single wont be as deep though. That magnaflow 3 inch set up sounded perfect

·
Registered
2006 chevy
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blazin in FLA said:
I hate to disagree with you, but there is no way that our SS is faster than the Mach 1..........I have a 5-speed Mach 1, AND an Auto Mach 1 (wife's) and I don't think it's faster than either..............I will admit that the 2 auto's might be a driver's race, but given equal drivers, the Mach will walk away.JC
:iagree: I really like this SS, but its about 1+ seconds behind my old car.

·
Banned
2006 chevy
549 Posts
In California we call Norcals boat picture..... SIK ,lol.
There sure is alot of talk back and forth about how this car and that car is faster than the SS and it really doesn't make sense to me, but hell who am i, lol. Whats funny is we are talking about a SUV at 6k lbs plus and a Car well under that in some cases, so go figure. How about i place this LS2 in my SS in a Yugo and we can talk hp and times?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If my Mach was a better vehicle I would have never bought this SS. You're right it doesnt make much sense to compare a 3400 lb sports car to a 5000? lb suv. If you read above one guy said his SS was faster than his Mach and I was replied what is obvious to me (and others) and that is the Mach is a faster. A better vehicle? Only in the 1/4 mile. My SS is sooo much nicer :) We are all SS owners right?

·
Registered
281 Posts
last boat i saw...

:undecided like that turned into a submarine? be careful

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
142 Posts
ON A I6 my shop yesterday did a magnaflow 5x11 case 28 inch overall length 3 inch in/out and 3 inch stainless from cat back and just added a tip like on my ss on it and it sounds perfect. none of the drone everyone is talking about at all just a nice clean sounding truck part number is 12589. Just look up on ebay search enter magnaflow 12589 and you will see what im talking about. he said was a nice power increase and 3 inch didnt hurt low end at all.

If you want you can do a 2.5 inch also all teh way back single wont be as deep though. That magnaflow 3 inch set up sounded perfect
My 12589 muffler developed a pretty nasty drone after several hundred miles :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts