Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
963 Posts
im finishing up my sound system this weekend then next week going to the exhaust shop on wed. I have 2 8 feet pieces of straight 3 inch stainless pipe (ill prob sell what i have left over) and 3 inch mandrel bent 90 and 45 degree turns. The magnaflow is a 5x8 case with a 24 inch overall length. Ill see how it sounds and get a clip. My sony takes pics but for some reason wont take videos.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
6 Posts
Just installed 14" Magnaflow, res del also

So I have the 06 Envoy Denali. had the res removed in Jan. Noticeable sound difference but barely. Just got back from the muffler shop. Swapped stock muffler out for 14 inch Magnaflow. WOW!!!!!

SOUNDS AWESOME! Just loud enough to sound BEEFY. Not crazy loud like a muscle car though. just perfect. Cant tell if i've lost low end torque, but since it is a single out i doubt i lost THAT MUCH back pressure. However, I will follow up after some time if I notice any power loss. But like I said, I am loving the new sound. Nice and deep and clean. Def recommend it.:)

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
36 Posts
A request from a 69-year-old geezer looking to do an exhaust mod to his '07 TB SS AWD. When posting "what y'all did to your hot rods" it would be very helpful if you would post the model or part number(s) installed on your exhaust mod swaps. Same goes for any other parts installed too for that matter...

Stating "the stock muffler was replaced with a 15" Maggiefloe muffler" would be best served by listing the '166xx' part number that was installed. Most parts sellers have a kabillion styles of mufflers that will fit multiple vehicles. I've found over the years that many shops or mechanics will try selling you parts that have higher markup on them vs. parts that actually sound kool and might in many instances even be a bit cheaper. Many shops are now out to get the most 'bang' out of you that they can while your vehicle is on their lift; sort of like your local GM dealer now taking over an hour to do a 29-minute lube/oil change by performing their '129 point vehicle check' looking for anything that can be replaced to make an extra buck.

I recently stopped at a national branded muffler shop (starts with letter 'M') and after my telling the mechanic what I had in mind he emphatically told me what HE wanted to install; no options; no further discussion. I left and never went back! Again, just a request from an old fart... Oh, I'm also looking for a good used Hypertech programmer too. :bonk:

2007 TrailBlazer SS AWD bone stock; 2003 Mustang Mach 1 w/Borla Stinger; 1996 Impala SS w/ CAI, 3.73's & Cherry Bombs...

81 - 83 of 83 Posts