Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
exhaust

i aked the same questionand they pointed out that there are two, forgive me I've forgotten what they're called, near the engine that create the needed back pressure. if you go to the ss gallery and look at the third picture you can see them near the front of the vehicle on the inside of the frame near each fron tire.

·
Registered
143 Posts
exhaust

i posted one more picture titled back pressure that shows one of the whatever they're called very clearly.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3,716 Posts
:eek: :eek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :eek:

THAT EXHAUST IS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! THAT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!

Just like the 6.0 LS2 should!!!

Love the High RPM!

:D :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
WOW, that sounds great!!! I really like the interior sound, but the outside one is a little loud for me. I think it would be better to hear it in person, as each persons tastes are different. But, overall good job! I would remove the resonator ASAP when I get one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is how the LS-2 is supposed to sound.

Good Work.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Would that be the oh so familiar key chain knocking into the steering column that I hear in the first clip? That gets on my nerves:mad:

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
Well guys, just had the resonator removed and all I can say is OH MY GAWD!!!! this is how it should have sounded from the start.. Fred, if you want to hear how it sounds, PM and maybe we can meet up. This truck sounds SCHWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

They had to use a new tip, the old one was to small for the new pipe. Got the double walled Magnaflow 3 inch tip for 20 buck, out the door was $120 complete. took an hour to do.:drool:

Other pics in my gallery

Resonator is straight through;

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,359 Posts
Fishhunter911 said:
Well guys, just had the resonator removed and all I can say is OH MY GAWD!!!! this is how it should have sounded from the start.. Fred, if you want to hear how it sounds, PM and maybe we can meet up. This truck sounds SCHWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

They had to use a new tip, the old one was to small for the new pipe. Got the double walled Magnaflow 3 inche tip for 20 buck, out the door was $120 complete. took an hour to do.:drool:
Congrats dude!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
370 Posts
For you guys with the rolled tips, just an FYI... Keep that thing clean and waxed all the time. Those rolled tips do not all moisture to escape as well and that little drain hole does not do a great job. I have heard of those things going bad in 8-10 months from corrossion etc. This from my muffler guy.

·
Registered
143 Posts
exhaust

the guy who did my exhasut also warned me prior to making a choice of tips. good info to pass along.

·
Registered
35 Posts
OK, after reading the posts to this thread last week, and sort of wanting a more "performance" sound, I had the resonator removed. I had the existing stock tip re-attached, so it keeps a completely stock look (the tip matches the trim panel contour). The sound is as everyone else says, "what the truck should have sounded like from the factory". Not too loud, but loud enough, and it does have a nice tone. The removal of the resonator cost $60.00, and I'm happy, :) for my money this is enough, until someone comes out with a complete system with headers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I finally found a shop that didn't want $100 to do do this so its over there right now. $40 for the swap and keeping the magnaflow tip on there. We'll see... I have a feeling it is not going to be that much louder. The guy even said something about how big the muffler is. He says he puts them on all the time, they are straight through and flow great, they are just not very loud. Its a long muffler:duh: . I'll let you know it sounds in just a little bit.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
616 Posts
TheGixxerKid said:
Well I finally found a shop that didn't want $100 to do do this so its over there right now. $40 for the swap and keeping the magnaflow tip on there. We'll see... I have a feeling it is not going to be that much louder. The guy even said something about how big the muffler is. He says he puts them on all the time, they are straight through and flow great, they are just not very loud. Its a long muffler:duh: . I'll let you know it sounds in just a little bit.
You're getting the 22" (28" overall) 5 x 11 Magnaflow put in place of the stock muffler? Or did you get the 5 x 8 version?

Can you do me a favor when you pick your vehicle up and look at the stock muffler and see if it is straight-through? Pictures would be great - Thanks!

·
Banned
989 Posts
TBSS said:
You're getting the 22" (28" overall) 5 x 11 Magnaflow put in place of the stock muffler? Or did you get the 5 x 8 version?

Can you do me a favor when you pick your vehicle up and look at the stock muffler and see if it is straight-through? Pictures would be great - Thanks!
it is a strait through

·
Registered
29 Posts
TBSS said:

Actually, I already have the magnaflow catback on my car. It is a 3" catback with a Magnaflow muffler (don't know what size, but it is very long probably close to 30" long) and magnaflow resonator. All I did was cut off the Magnaflow resonator and put a peice of pipe in its place.

I got it back and it definately sounds better. Still very quiet at idle (probably because of the size of the muffler that is on there) but sounds much better and 100% louder at WOT. Definately $40 well spent!! :thumbsup:

61 - 80 of 83 Posts