Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
SRT-8 said:
That Red SRT-8 you seen was mine, Denny and the crew at Mufflex did a great job on the catback, Im shocked to see how many mods you guys have available to you already.
That's where the SS has the advantage over the Jeep , a lot more aftermarket parts for the LS2 motors . Dollar for dollar , the SS has more HP potential .

·
Registered
64 Posts
TonyGXP said:
I tell you what, I gonna have a hard enough time convincing my wife the truck didn't get louder :)weird:) after a header install, don't know if I could make her think she's nuts Twice in a year!!! lol she does use the truck primarily and Happy wife, Happy life is how it goes I believe!!
So my wife and I are in the kitchen yesterday and the conversation goes like this (BTW,it's her TBSS which she drives to and from work everyday 45 mins. each way):
Me: Honey, rumor has it that an exhaust will be available for the SS sometime soon.
Wife: Well, it's about time!! It's been 2 months since we bought it and I'm sick and tired of it being so quiet.
Me: Thing is, they can apparently make it mild or wild. Which one do you want?
Wife:WILD AS POSSIBLE!! I can't believe you asked me that! (this from someone who drove a '97 CamaroSS with the SLP exhaust and kept on pestering me to make it louder)
Me: Honey, I knew a loved you for a reason.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,371 Posts
Jonnyss said:
So my wife and I are in the kitchen yesterday and the conversation goes like this (BTW,it's her TBSS which she drives to and from work everyday 45 mins. each way):
Me: Honey, rumor has it that an exhaust will be available for the SS sometime soon.
Wife: Well, it's about time!! It's been 2 months since we bought it and I'm sick and tired of it being so quiet.
Wife:WILD AS POSSIBLE!! I can't believe you asked me that! (this from someone who drove a '97 CamaroSS with the SLP exhaust and kept on pestering me to make it louder)
:hail:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Z06 Tom said:
Ummmm, will there be beer??
So who's just cut out the resonator? How's it sound? Sounds like a cheap way to go until a full cat-back comes out...
I would also love to know what the stock muffler with no resonator sounds like!!!:undecided

·
Registered
242 Posts
STEALTH SS said:
That's where the SS has the advantage over the Jeep , a lot more aftermarket parts for the LS2 motors . Dollar for dollar , the SS has more HP potential .

For the moment, but you guys do have one hell of a head start. And as far as no resonators, I have both of mine removed and all I can say is WOW!

·
Registered
143 Posts
new exhaust

i had a new "custom" exhaust put in. cut the resonator out and completely removed the muffler. it's pretty load but sounds awesome. i'll try to get some sound later today. I put pictures in the ss gallery but how do you attach them to the thread reply?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
616 Posts
kcarfan said:
it's still custom, isn't it?:)
Still custom, and still an exhaust technically, since you aren't dumping it at the manifolds.

But man.....

Like I said, can't wait to hear the sound clip. :yes:

·
Registered
143 Posts
exhaust

is it possible to upload sound clips to trailvoy or do i have to use somehting like cardomain?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Jonnyss said:
does she have any single sisters?:yes:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3,716 Posts
@kcarfan :eek: :eek:

Bet that is REAL loud!!!

Cant wait for that sound clip!!

You could use cardomain to upload, but im not sure if they support sound files.
I use www.files.bz , because they are free and fast :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
exhaust

i think they're used to it. i have a harley with pretty loud pipes and it doesn't seem to bother them. my wife thinks it's cool and my boys really like it.

·
Banned
2006 chevy
549 Posts
Chit sounds pretty insane bro, in California i would be stopped every 2 blocks with an exhaust of that nature, lol. Love it though great job :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
exhaust

i removed the muffler and resonator and had a pipe put straigh through. The tip is a double walled magnaflow.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
75 Posts
kcarfan said:
i removed the muffler and resonator and had a pipe put straigh through. The tip is a double walled magnaflow.
So you're saying there is no muffler on there at all now, just pipe and tip?! Doesn't the engine need more backpressure than that?

41 - 60 of 83 Posts