Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Heh, I just visited their site the other day too and saw that they have a Trailblazer SS system in the works. I hesitated to post a link since there really wasn't any info on it yet. But that's definetly what I'll be looking at, straight through muffler for pure performance. Nothing that looks like a hamster maze inside thank you very much *cough* *flow*master* *cough*.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
377 Posts
From what I have seen about the SS exhaust, doesn't it come from the factory with a straight "flow through" muffler??? If that really is the case, I can't see much gains from an after market exhaust other than making it louder. Granted, a set of headers might help....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't heard a TBSS in the flesh yet, but I'm sure it's quiet (compared to what it could sound like with aftermarket equip). However, I do remember reading somewhere in regards to the exhaust being a "performance oriented straight-through design". I guess we won't know until people start tearing their exhausts off and examining the piping. But with all the restrictions that manufacturers face with making exhaust systems (adhering to decibel level limits, etc.) and all the crap that goes into a stock muffler to make the grade, I'm sure there is something to gain with aftermarket.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had a Magnaflow on my 98 z28, it sounded awesome and was a great deal for the money. When they finally make it, its a definite for me!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I called Magnaflow to inquire about the system. The tech guy said it would probably be released around February. At least there working on it.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
Wavydavy GTO said:
I called Magnaflow to inquire about the system. The tech guy said it would probably be released around February. At least there working on it.

Feb??? oh man, why post it on their site then??? here I was hoping by the end of the year:worried: Thanks for the update!

·
Banned
70 Posts
isnt the stock one 3 inches from cat back? even if its 2.5 i mean looks pretty striaght. a muffler inplace of the stock one will save money and prob give about the same power increase.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7 Posts
I don't know what everyone else thinks about the sound, but I think the stock SS exhaust sounds sweet! No, it's not LOUD, but it sure has a nice throaty tone. The one we test drove certainly sounded better than my 2000 Corvette. As far as performance goes, I'm still undecided about performance gains with aftermarket exhaust without other mods. I put a MAC cat back system on my Silverado. It sounds great, but I really believe it ran better with the stock exhaust.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts