Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just added Magnaflow catback systems. Nosiy enough but not obnoxious. Adding the new K&N aircharger system tomorrow. I am definitely enjoying this truck. I am a Truck Manager at a large midatlantic Chevy store and was tired of selling these to others for them to come back with big smiles. No I am having fun myself. Tinted front window 17% and rears on back with 5% (don't recommend you cant see a damn thing). Has anyone tries the K&n sys yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
yea, i have the K&N system installed and its awesome. Its a really throaty sound and gives decent improvements over stock. i coupled that with an airaid throttlebody spacer and i love it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
yea, i have the K&N system installed and its awesome. Its a really throaty sound and gives decent improvements over stock. i coupled that with an airaid throttlebody spacer and i love it.
hey i have the same setup and love it too....magnaflow and k&n except that air aid spacer...! where did u get that ? did it really help ?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
197 Posts
If a person did the E-Fan would that leave enough room for a spacer ?
Just a thought.

I have heard of using these spacers on other vehicles but like it has been said the stock fan would end up eating something if we added a spacer in stock form.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
If a person did the E-Fan would that leave enough room for a spacer ?
Just a thought.

I have heard of using these spacers on other vehicles but like it has been said the stock fan would end up eating something if we added a spacer in stock form.
Yes I think there would be enough with an e-fan kit, especially the LS1 fans. But then the question of whether the spacer would in fact do anything would come up, most have been shown not to.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
anyone make a tb spacer for our trucks? heard good things about them on other vehicles, and if I get one before I hit the dyno again i'll swap it while i'm there to see the gains, if any..

·
Registered
550 Posts
summit has a tb spacer listed for the TBSS, but i have heard nothing but bad things about TB spacers from GTO's to fbodies to silverado ss's.

todd

·
Registered
304 Posts
summit has a tb spacer listed for the TBSS, but i have heard nothing but bad things about TB spacers from GTO's to fbodies to silverado ss's.

todd
Since a Spacer will provide more air like a CAI, maybe it requires a tune to adjust for the change in conditions on our TBSS's? :undecided

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats what I was thinking is that there neeeded to be a tune for it!! ED Wright which owns fast chips has there shop right down the highway from my house, I am thinking of doing the under drive pulley and the k&n cause I already have my exaust and seeing what he says about the spacer!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
anyone make a tb spacer for our trucks? heard good things about them on other vehicles, and if I get one before I hit the dyno again i'll swap it while i'm there to see the gains, if any..

Waste of $$, Tony. All it does is provide a minimal addition of plenum volume, of which the LS2-truck intake already has plenty....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts