Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The guys at Magnaflow were nice enough to use my car to R&D an exhaust for the Trailblazer SS and give me a free catback when they were done. So I thought I would post this Dyno that I just got back from them. I am kind of dissapointed in the HP numbers but Torque numbers look up to par. Just curious if anybody else has Dynoed their SS and if so what kind of numbers they got. Keep in mind, I do not know what kind of dyno this was, but you can read all about it here .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for you help Red SS but I figured out how to host it :thumbsup: BTW the lines are all messed up and jagged, Don't know why :confused:.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
338 Posts
Woah, that's not bad at all. Throw in the Vector tune and you have one hell of a truck there.

·
Banned
70 Posts
im doing a custom 3 inch mandrel bent from cat back but with the 4x9 magnflow muffler. Total cost should be in 400 range wiht muffler.

quick question

-WHAT PIPING DO THEY USE 2.5 SINGLE OR 3 INCH SINGLE
-WHAT MUFFLER DO THEY USE?? 4X9, 5X11, 5X8??
-HOW LOUD IS IT?
-HOW MUCH DO THEY COST??? 700 800 900

·
Registered
2006 buick
171 Posts
What Alan said...

What information you can extract from the Magnaflow dyno numbers is the difference between the pre-catback and post-catback runs. This can then be used to come up with a baseline that can be used on all vehicles regardless of dynos used.

I tend to agree with folks here that, besides a better sounding exhaust, it would be nice to see a better return on the investment.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NORCALGUY said:
im doing a custom 3 inch mandrel bent from cat back but with the 4x9 magnflow muffler. Total cost should be in 400 range wiht muffler.

quick question

-WHAT PIPING DO THEY USE 2.5 SINGLE OR 3 INCH SINGLE
-WHAT MUFFLER DO THEY USE?? 4X9, 5X11, 5X8??
-HOW LOUD IS IT?
-HOW MUCH DO THEY COST??? 700 800 900
Pretty sure it's 3" all the way. Don't know what muffler they used. And its relatively quite at idle but at WOT it sounds good. Still not very loud though. O, and as far as cost, i have no idea. :confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I doubt the Magnaflow cat-back is going to be over 400 or 500. They are usually good about keeping the price down compared to other companies. You can get a cat-back for an LS1 fbody for 399. :yes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can see pictures at the magnaflow website (when your listening to the sounds, the picture of the tip is on the top left), the tip is the same just a little bigger. The before numbers are in BLUE and the after numbers are in RED.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
32 Posts
Yeah I noticed that after I posted. I'll check out magnaflow's site. Pretty good gains if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts