Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_slt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there was talk about the install in the Tampa 2009 thread and the pic thread that resulted from it, it has been done and was a great success. Sorry it took a couple extra days to get the pics up. Without further delay, heres the pics!

Parts laid out:

Custom Car Jack, We connected my dad's trailer to his Yukon XL, backed it up on there and removed the ramps... put jackstands underneath just incase it came unhitched... it didnt. The clearance was rediculous.

Dropped the Spare

Disconnected the exhaust from the Cat:

Made the first cut in the exhaust behind the rear axle like it said, but also cut before the rear axle to make it easier to remove:

Put the 1-in, 2-out thing (I dont know the correct term) after the connection and started to hook up the pipes to go to the resonators:

Picture of how the pipe clearance looks:

Ran the pipes back to where the resonators would go and figured out where to put the hangars. The passenger's side was easy, took me a minute to figure out where to put the driver's side hangar. The kit came with rectangular washers, my father and I opted to use some square ones that he had. In the back end of the frame there is a hole in the steel tube that the washer and nut went in to screw the hangar up into:

after I put the hangar in there and attached the pipe:

Passenger side I put the hangar in the round hole to the right:

Tightened it up to torque and then drove around, rechecked and nothing moved... pictures of the finished product!

All in all it wasnt hard at all once we figured out where the driver's side hangar was supposed to go and getting the square washer in there, theres a hole in the end of the frame that I used to get the nut and the washer in place. If we didnt have to take breaks for the heat and my dad's back it would have only taken two hours or so.

One thing that was curious is that we had to use the longer connector (From cat to 1-in, 2-out thing) even though I only have the Envoy, and not the XL. There was just no way that I was going to be able to get the exhaust to line up correctly. Luckily it came out well, we had to use our own bolts since we didnt get the bolts that came with it from the shorter connector. Used some stainless bolts that my dad had around, had to drill out the holes in the gasket, but not a big problem.

No sound clip at the moment, but when Ill try to use the iPhone to get some video of it. Sounds great, its not loud but gives it a good tone. I suppose that there is some cabin drone, but I actually like the sound... its why I put an exhaust on after all. To get the sound.

On the 300 mile trip back from Myrtle Beach I didnt get any MPG increase, but the city MPG that I had went up... maybe it just takes some time to reset the computer or something? I dont know. But at least I didnt loose MPG, with better sound. Ill take it.

Ill put the sound clip up in this so its the first post when Iget one.

Thanks for reading!

-Justin

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
Lookin good.:woot:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
143 Posts
LOL.... I know what your saying about the drivers hanger, I drilled a hole and threaded it. Looks good!! and just so you know after a few months it gets alittle louder and if yours acts like mine it gets louder when the exhaust get hot.

Nice to see someone else with the same exhaust :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6q3RK4EDRg

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_slt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks Nice!are the back ,all the way up?look a little low but it could be the angle you took the pic.
Its just the angle... at least I hope that they arent low. Dunno though, even if they are low I like the way that I look so if I drop it will probably be the only time that Im worried about the clearance. Thanks for the insight though.

Thanks everyone for all the positive comments, couldnt be happier with the outcome!

-Justin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts