Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAGNACHARGED and supercharged TB whats the diffrincess? how they work wich one is the best and safe how much does they cost us $ does they affect bad on the ingine?
how much they get bost

magnacharged TB SS 0 to 60 in ?
super charged TB SS 0 to 60 in ?

can we install these two on 4.2 if so what will happen to
0 to 60 in 7 seconds stock 4.2
4.2 TB with supercharger 0 to 60 ?seconds
4.2 TB magnacharged if avilable 0 to 60 in?seconds thanks in advance
asking is not lame but not knowing is lame

thanks and regards.:woot:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
MAGNACHARGED and supercharged TB whats the diffrincess? how they work wich one is the best and safe how much does they cost us $ does they affect bad on the ingine?
how much they get bost

magnacharged TB SS 0 to 60 in ?
super charged TB SS 0 to 60 in ?

can we install these two on 4.2 if so what will happen to
0 to 60 in 7 seconds stock 4.2
4.2 TB with supercharger 0 to 60 ?seconds
4.2 TB magnacharged if avilable 0 to 60 in?seconds thanks in advance
asking is not lame but not knowing is lame

thanks and regards.:woot:
the main difference in super chargers is how they increase atmospheric preasure. there are roots type, and centr. a roots type usualy sits right on top of the block or intake manifold, and the centr. type sits off to the side of the engine, some kinda resemble a turbo. and conects to the throtle body through a long intake tube like a turbo. both benf. from using a intercooler, and sepperate oil cooler for optimum heat control and reliability. after all why put a system on u cant rely on.

a roots type is more of a favored drag super charger because it delivers all of its power right away as soon as you touch the throttle and the power will start to drop off a bit in the high end. the inside usually has two large torpedo looking screws that squishes the air while they spin, and shoot it out to the engine.

the center. type is more favored on the street. it delivers almost instantaneously but still requires a bit of rpm to build up boost. and will make more high rpm power. this is because is builds power much in the same way as a turbo. but instead of using exht. gas pres. to spin it. it is connected to the engine with a belt.

the characteristics of both can be modified by changing the size of the pulley on the blower. and other things.

anyways. since i dont think there are any bolt on blower kits for the 4.2. you will have to make something from scratch. so go to a shop, talk to someone with some experience doing custom blowers. sit with him and talk about your driving style, the vehicles main purpose, and where in the power band you are looking to change things.

you will most likely have to make quite a few other mods depending on the system you get and how much boost you want to run.

a few things would be...

larger injectors
forged pistons and connecting rods
knife the crank shaft so it will have less friction as it spins through the oil
custom pcm tune
custom exhaust
inter cooler
oil cooler
custom oil piping
custom fab piping and brackets for blower
change head gasket to high quality race proven felpro gasket
custom header
custom intake
stronger valve springs
change cams
hd timing chain

and that is just some of the stuff under the hood...there are numerous DT mods you could do too.

your 0-60 times would be greatly improved with a blower. if stock 0-60 is 7 sec. then you would probably look at something in the 5+ second range. just remember you have to put the power to the pavement!

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,307 Posts
i would think that a supercharger or even a turbo on our stock I6 would =KABOOM!!!!:bonk::eek::bonk::weird:

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
a magnacharged TBSS and a supercharged TBSS are the same thing

a magnacharger is just the name brand of a particular supercharger

and you cant put the TBSS superchargers on a I6 TB because that supercharger was made for a 6.0L V8 not an I6 so no it would not work

a couple people have done a turbo to our I6's but they put a LOT of money in the vehicles

·
Northwest Chapter
11,917 Posts
can you put a turbo/super charger or magna charger on the 5.3?
Yes, easily as its the same block all other small block GMs just with a different bore. If you look at the fullsize 5.3L supercharger kits they are the same as the 6.0L ones.

he willl be fine if he upgrades the internals.

Nah, you can do it so long as you keep the pressure real low. Like so low that having it would be pointless.
:iagree:You can probably run 6psi of boost easily before you have to worry about breaking internals, any more than that and Id say upgrade.

For the 02-05 I6 guys, we're kinda SOL until someone gets a 2Bar MAP and makes it work, the 06-09 guys are SET. Someone with a 06+ buy a friggin turbo or supercharger setup and it will work.

·
Registered
2009 non_gmt360 other
889 Posts
been checked out... all internals would have to be custom made... costings huge huge amount of money...
Indeed.

Probably the cheapest stuff that'd have to be custom made is the pistons. The rods would be pretty pricey, and valves...ugh. To do it really, really right, you'd want stainless intakes and either sodium or inconel exhaust.

If I had the money to build up a motor, I'd be tempted to see what could be done.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,624 Posts
I found a company in Kansas that is going to customize a supercharger for the I6. I am going to make a more formal post on this with all the info.
well this makes company number 10 that has said that? what the companies name? i'll be waiting for that post.. maybe they wont throw it to the way side like every other super charger manufacturer has done..

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
70 Posts
This is why as tempting as it is to mod the engine of my I6, I am just going to wait to eventually get my SS and make that a monster powerhouse! (....more so than it is already hahaha)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.