Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey GTPprix, I remember you back from the ClubGP days. Anyhow, since you're in the know and I think I saw a post saying you were going to maggie the TBSS, wondering what your thoughts are on that project. Is the rear-end built for the power? Any clearence issues with the hood? Will you be waiting for an official kit from Magnacharger or using the LS2 GTO kit? Figuring 400-425hp to the ground?

Thinking about dumping my '05 CTS-V and '98 Jeep 5.9L Grand Cherokee for the TBSS.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
Not doing it anymore, they werent even remotely interested in helping with the project event though they really didnt have to do anything other than sell me some individual parts. So I've decided to look into other methods and should have something started shortly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks about Magnacharger.

What are your thoughts on the rear-end? Seems to be the weakest link in the GTO/CTS-V worlds.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
616 Posts
erp2863 said:
Maybe if they get enough people to call and inquire about a blower for the SS they will make it happen (hint hint ;) ).

erp2863 said:
What are your thoughts on the rear-end? Seems to be the weakest link in the GTO/CTS-V worlds.
Well, it's got a 9.5" ring gear...still waiting on Chris to find out if the carrier is the full-on Eaton Posi LSD or not (hint hint ;) ).

·
Registered
2002 isuzu trailblazer_ss_3ss
6 Posts
erp2863 said:

The TBSS is running an American Axle (AAM) 9.5" Ring and pinion with a cast iron housing. The base V8 runs an 8.6" with an aluminum housing. The 4.2L's run 8.0" aluminum housings. Until the SSR manual, and the TBSS, the only trucks running this differential were 2500 series trucks, and the H2 with 4.10's 33" tires, and a stump-pulling 6.0L with a 4-Lo. Of course, your warranty is junk once the Maggie goes on... but yeah, I think it can handle a good beatin'..

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
erp2863 said:

I'm sure it'll be fine, like beertestr stated it's a 9.5" so it should be ample. I guess we'll find out this week when I start turning off launch controls and torque management hehe

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2,903 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
GTPprix said:
Not doing it anymore, they werent even remotely interested in helping with the project event though they really didnt have to do anything other than sell me some individual parts. So I've decided to look into other methods and should have something started shortly.
I emailed them over two weeks ago and they still haven't responded. I'd still like to do it though if they come out with a kit in the next year or 2.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
338 Posts
Got an email from LPE today:
Balu,

We are offering a supercharger package that should produce around 560 HP for about 8900.00 installed. We have only done one so far so this package is not listed on our web site yet.

Thanks,

Tim Dyer
Sales Manager
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, Inc.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
616 Posts
BIGBOS said:
8900 ain't bad at all.......considering its lingenfelter
I don't think it's Lingenfelter, I think it's Magnuson + a premium. Wait another 3-6 months and you will have the same thing from Magnuson for about $3K less.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts