Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The wear indicators on this pad started making contact with the right front rotor on my way to Virginia Beach this weekend. Got the new delco pads on and machined the rotors. The remaining pads were within 1mm of this one. The delco pads came with all new clips which I thought was very cool and hip.

Still have close to 4mm on the rears. Boss.:cool:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
:eek:

I don't know much about brakes but i can see there is not much left there. Mine have the shakes and don't have the money for brakes right now. :bonk:

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I don't know much about brakes but i can see there is not much left there. Mine have the shakes and don't have the money for brakes right now. :bonk:
Normally, they would be replaced with 3mm of lining left but I was trying to get every last remnant of lining out of them:rotfl:

Dang !!! Ive changed mine 3 times already and im only at 70K
Bummer:ugh:

The last 25K or so I had the bulkier 20" rims on, also had a little extra weight in the back for a while now:D

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
VERY NICE!!!

at 150,500 I still have the factory rears.
Fronts were changed at 77,000 I think.
But I do Los Angeles rush hour stop and go every morning and evening.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,529 Posts
u couldve went farther, just do what i did with my geo, use the backing plate to stop until the piston blows out. I know, easier said than done, especially when that car cost me $200 and lasted me six months:yes:

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you almighty sir :raspberry
:woot:

u couldve went farther, just do what i did with my geo, use the backing plate to stop until the piston blows out. I know, easier said than done, especially when that car cost me $200 and lasted me six months:yes:
dude I still can't picture you in a geo:D

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,349 Posts

shakes might mean bad rotors. that was the case w/ my 00 grand am, and 02 saturn:worried:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
show off...:raspberry

I replaced all 4 right before Carlisle at ~43,xxx miles

:iagree:
im on my second set, and at 50,300

alotta city drivin though :undecided

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'm at 96xxx & still have about half of the material left. I bought my TB at 40,000 & the Chevy dealer said they hadn't changed them either. When you keep it stock they go waaaaaay longer.:yes:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I am near 125,000 with factory pads that appear to still have a lot of life left.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
13 Posts
Can you tell if the new Delco pads are the same as the ones you replaced?
Our 03 EXT has 96k on the fronts and we want the SAME ones to go back on it! Especially since they make almost no dust.

JS

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can you tell if the new Delco pads are the same as the ones you replaced?
Our 03 EXT has 96k on the fronts and we want the SAME ones to go back on it! Especially since they make almost no dust.

JS
I have no way of telling, when I get home in a few days I can give you the part number, maybe your local dealer can hook you up with that info.:cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts