Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have noticed on both my front seats, the lumbar support in the back seems to be noisy when your just sitting in it. The slightest bump in the road or dip my back will lean against the seat and you can hear it for a second..

if i were to turn the lumbar knob on the side it will sound so noisy, just like the same noise i hear when not turning it. almost sounds like metal rubbing or like a metal squeal.

is it possible i can somehow get into the support in the back of the seat and like lube it up or figure out what is the noise without ripping the seat open lol

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
253 Posts
Its not that hard to take the seat apart. remove it from the vehicle, At the bottom of the seat back there is a clip running the length of the fabric. That clip locks the fabric front and back together. Unclip it, find the 3 bolts for the upper half, 2 on one side one on the other. The side that has two bolts, the bolts will be located under the fabric up away from the bottom. Unbolt them. Locate any upper seat wiring running through the base and remove it with the upper half.

After the upper is separated you can peal back the fabric far enough to work on the lumbar device. There is a large plastic shield on the seat back frame that you can unclip and move out of the way. That is essentially a piece of spring steel on two guide rods. The spring steel flexes when the lumbar is raised using a cable hooked to a crank in the base or a motor in the top. You should be able to locate and silence your noise at that point.

If your seat has a built in air bag the ability to remove the upholstery is more limited however you can still pull it up enough to get to the lumbar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.