Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody put an LS7 in their SS yet. Would it be a plug and play with a retune of the computer to handle the LS7?
TIA,
Mick

·
Registered
2008 chevy
28 Posts
I don't have one...But i'd like to. My brother in law works for GM tech center here in Mich. and see's these every day.(LS7's)I wish that he could get one for me!!! Im sure that you would need some trans. work for that motor.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
363 Posts
Don't know if you've already seen these videos -- Probably did. You should contact the fellow that uploaded these videos. I bet he has all the info you need. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Contact: TuneTime Performance

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Of course ss drivers have installed ls7 engines. Katech company does a LS7 swap engines for tbss.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was working at the track when Dave made those runs. That truck is an absolute beast. It should run real good with some tires this year.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
293 Posts
What would be the point in a ls7? i am sure for the amount of money you would have to sink into the "dropout" that you could make the LS2 just as good or better.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I would have paid the difference for the SuperSS version especially if it came with a 6 speed auto or manual.
If it came with a 6spd 6L90E Id have been all over that, but it comes down to GM having to probably do crash testing with a different motor again and then they'd have to do more suspension work and whatever else to make the SS upgrade package worth it.

What would be the point in a ls7? i am sure for the amount of money you would have to sink into the "dropout" that you could make the LS2 just as good or better.
427ci of small block heaven.:cool:

The LS7 has a lot of little goodies that make it even more performance oriented than the LS2. Plus bragging rights saying its a Z06 Corvette motor...

LS9 would be awesome, wonder who's going to do this swap first. If it hasnt been done already.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
Has anyone tried doing a manual transmision swap? I know a way to do it on the inline 6 but I didn't know if anyone tried it on the SS.
got to remeber.. most trannys are for pushign around a 2-3k vehicles... not a 5-6k brick... would need a very heavy duty set up..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts