Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people dropped their ride and having the factory running boards?

I'm thinking of getting SS springs for the front and the GF 1085 kit for the back.

Not much of a drop just wondering if anyone with experience wants to comment.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
pretty certain they wouldnt scrape. it would be interesting to see how it would look, though i think there are 2 or 3 that have already done it. just different since most people debadge, derack, demould, and de..running board..haha. good luck though!

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
My SS has the stock suspension. The rear ht. to the fenderwell is 32 1/4" and the front is 31 3/4". I have fiberglass running boards and the bottom of the bracket to the ground is only 6 1/2".

Out here in SoCal it must be a law or something that every parking lot must have enough speed bumps to totally piss off the general public.
Yes, mine scrape if I do not crawl over them. Even then I still know of a few that I scrape on. :bonk:

Do yourself a favor and look around next time you drive and see how big the "idiot" bumps are.
Factory boards may not be as bad. :undecided

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
301 Posts
here is mine i just lowered today using the gf kit. needs a cleaning still been raining like crazy here, i wanted to remove them before the drop but think now they look kind cool just need to be painted.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Ive had my 02 lowered with stock boards since dec 06, scraped a few times by my own fault.

Ducati, Im going to need more info on your bug deflector and boards, need my SS to look like that (and white is the best color).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.