Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the situation. The wife asked if she could help me put the new shocks and struts on the ole 05 TB. I said sure and made the mistake of turning my back on her for two seconds. She thought she would do me a favor and jack the rear up with the Trailing Arm, putting a nice upward bend in it. Now my question is, is this a critical situation..ie alignment etc. I'm taking this car to Cooperstown NY next week and will have to get it fixed first if it is. BTW the Bilstein Hd's are top notch.

Thanks Brad

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Putting a bend in the arm will shorten it. Measure the distance from wheel to fender on each side. If they are the same you should be OK. :m2:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
An alignment shop will reject it at this point until the arm is replaced. There are no adjustment points in the rear.

Try car-parts.com for a junkyard arm. New ones are $100-120. If you remove it and bend it back, stress cracks and weakness are likely.

Let me know if you need a part number.

Got a pic? Allowing an untrained person to touch a jack is like a loaded handgun. She could have lifted you by the gas tank, I suppose. Ooops! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts