Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay- so I tackled the shocks and struts on the Envoy but the passenger side lower shock mounting bolt is cross-threaded. Anyone got ideas on how to resolve it? I've tried a new nut, but the thread won't grab enough to get started. I can't find a m-16 die for nothin either! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,393 Posts
It probably goes without saying but I'll say it anyway. Make sure you use the proper thread pitch when using a thread file and file in one direction only, away from you, don't use it like your sawing wood.:nono:

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
610 Posts
Do you have a Dremel or another motorized tool like that ? When I have issues with threads I use a thin cut blade (like a grinder) and carefully shave the threads till it's straight again.

Might be Cheaper/easier just to pick up a new bolt and nut.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,102 Posts
Do you have a Dremel or another motorized tool like that ? When I have issues with threads I use a thin cut blade (like a grinder) and carefully shave the threads till it's straight again.

Might be Cheaper/easier just to pick up a new bolt and nut.
it's the huge lower bolt that the yoke bolts to. It's pressed in the lower control arm, sadly, and is not servicable. Sadly.

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
610 Posts
it's the huge lower bolt that the oke bolts to. It's pressed in the lower control arm, sadly, and is not servicable. Sadly.
Wow, I assumed that they were the same as the TB. We have a ford van at work that has the same crappy setup for the front shocks and the control arms. One of those bolts broke when I was changing the shocks on the van so I welded a washer to what was left of the bolt after installing the new shock.

Had to cost GMC more $ to make them like that.

Back to my first sugestion then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.