Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. First timer on here. Working on a 2007 Gmc Envoy SLE. Replacing front end bushings and ball joints. I was hoping someone may have ran into my situation.

Concerning the lower control arm front inner bushing (the large one that presses onto the LCA bracket), I've noticed differences between the old and new bushings. The original one has two light colored removable spacers that attach to each end of the bushing, as well as one large rubber spacer that mounts on the bushing forward face. The rubber core is recessed on its ends to accommodate the small spacers.

The new bushing (AC Delco 45G1388) rubber core is not recessed on its ends at all. It has two risers molded into the front face. The front face also has a raised nub that would prohibit placing a small spacer on it.

From examining the bushings, it appears that it's probably a new design, but I would like to verify it if I can.
Eye Automotive tire Wood Rim Audio equipment
Wood Gas Auto part Plumbing Cylinder

Automotive tire Wood Tire Gas Auto part

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
582 Posts
I replaced my LCA and brackets with Detroit Axle ones, same thing with the 'washers' on the bushings. They work fine, but squeak badly over speed bumps, low speed. I've seen pictures like you posted but never noticed it while I was doing the job.
I suggest you grease everything on assembly.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
696 Posts
I'd verify that you have the correct rubber bushing.

Given a choice, I'd install a Polyurethane bushing insert rather than a bonded-rubber bushing. Less labor, no press or special tools beyond a propane torch and emery cloth. And you can torque the through-bolts with the suspension in any position. Rubber bushing MUST have the suspension at normal ride-height before torquing the through-bolts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the responses. I do lubricate everything as necessary before assembling. I did email AC Delco about the differences. I messaged them on a Saturday, so I don't expect a response until Monday at the soonest.

I considered polyurethane bushings, but I want this vehicle to retain the factory ride quality and not have any additional vibration or noise. I am planning on putting the front on ramps for final torquing. I know it's gonna be a pain with the wheel on, but I'll just have to deal with it, I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.