Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Pewter ls with automatic trans. 4x2, gray cloth interior.
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 14 month owner of my first Trailblazer and it's perfect for me.

My high mileage cost me $2500 with 197k at time of purchase
has new tires and fuel filter
supposedly rebuilt tranny, looks rebuilt but cannot verify also the torque convertor is a ?
body is straight and good paint but needed major caring
Very clean interior
Locally owned but bought it from a chevy mechanic who decided to flip it. He said the reverse gear was gone and he rebuilt the tranny

I'm seeing prices in my area very bouncy and even up to 4k but also I'm seeing lower mileage TB with minor to major issues and even on this forum. I'm happy with my TB and I could of negotiated but i fell in love with it so to me it has been worth the $2500.

What is everyone thoughts on the prices between low and high mileage?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,055 Posts
While mileage is a significant factor I would want to know where the truck spent the last 18 years. Mine came from east Tennessee and is practically rust free. I see pictures from owners of these trucks from the northeast and midwest and the frames are badly rusted to the point of being unuseable.

·
Registered
2002 Pewter ls with automatic trans. 4x2, gray cloth interior.
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While mileage is a significant factor I would want to know where the truck spent the last 18 years. Mine came from east Tennessee and is practically rust free. I see pictures from owners of these trucks from the northeast and midwest and the frames are badly rusted to the point of being unuseable.
I've seen that too. Although I am from California, my TB came from a local Chevy dealer that had gone out of business around 2012 but was cool the FOB had the dealer name and number on the back of it. I was told it was owned by an elderly couple and can believe it for the condition of the truck.

I wish I had documented the paint before I did any work to it but I had felt embarrassed for some strange reason. It must of been parked under a tree for a 6 months or so and had all kinds of build up on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts