Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have Low Rolling Resistance Tires???
If you do, do they increase MPG by how much and do they handle,brake,and have EXCELLENT traction?
Is it worth getting some??:confused:

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
59 Posts
Purchased my envoy a few months back. Came with some Goodyear Assurance CS Fuel Max tires. Wear appears to be at 50%. Wet/Dry traction is decent, though i have not had a lot of wet conditions. Off road on gravel and dirt is great. Mud performance was better than i expected. I got sucked in some deep ruts in mud that i was trying to straddle because i thought they were too deep. Dragged the bottom of the truck in 4Low. Pulled right on through. I think i was just lucky.

Do they offer an increase in fuel mileage? No idea. But ill tell ya, my average mpg is better than i thought it would be. From KY to OK i got 25mpg. OK to KY 27mpg. Speed limit, very few hard accelerations, and lots of drafting behind semi's. Average city is 16mpg. Gears are wound out with shift points around 1800rpm. Average highway/city combined mpg at my last fill up was 20mpg. Mpg was calculated miles/gal. DIC was spot on. Fuel was premium.

If your looking for an increase in fuel economy, there is no better way than to modify your driving style. Learn your routes and plan the use of the brakes. I'm usually not hitting the brakes until i am at about 30-25mph. I'm in no rush to get to a red light or a light that i know is going to turn red before i get there.

I think this post breaks my post cherry on this dead ass forum. I wonder if it will make the banner disappear. I find it useful for research. But the people that made the posts that you read through your search of the forums are no longer on the forum and have migrated to another forum created by them with less advertising.

Hello DAlastDON,

It appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Please take a few moments to perhaps ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Thanks!
Looks like my post cherry was already busted. Post #2 in months.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL.Thats cool have what is your highest MPG you got out of it??? Should i consider getting Eco Tires???
:thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts