Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Please bare with me. I bought a 2006 Trailblazer 4.2 LS 2WD in January of this year. I LOVE my car. That being said, I've ran into some problems in the last couple months. First month of having it, it ran like a champ and then one morning, I turned it on and it was idling real rough. I youtubed and learned I had to clean my throttle body. Cleaned it and it worked like a champ for about another month and a half. Then in the beginning of spring break, it rough idled again, I started it 4-5 times and it ran normally for about another week and finally, it rough idled one morning and after turning it off and on a few times, the problem never went away.

Went to O'Reilly's and got a diagnostic, my check engine light was on as well as my stability light and low power light. What was coming up in diagnostics was my O2 sensors and max airflow sensor. Got 2 new O2 sensors, new max airflow sensor, even changed out my 6 spark plugs and 6 coil packs and my throttle body is clean as a whistle. Still idling rough. Took it back to O'Reilly's and diagnosed, now says PCM problems. Took it to a shop that has a Snap-On diagnostic machine, also saying PCM problems. Got a used PCM, got it programed, and now my car turns over but it won't start. Changed that PCM out with another one, programmed that too, same thing. Now my mechanic is asking me to get the original brain back but I'm not sure what that will accomplish. Everytime I got the diagnostic cleared in the original brain, the same 7 problems would pop up and it's all things that were running normally or have been recently changed out (yes they're all the right parts). The guy that's working on my car says he sees this as a learning experience and he's been googling and youtubing like crazy and he found something that said it could be the ignition switch so he tested that out but that wasn't the problem so now he's back to square one.

If anybody out there has any information on this, I would be eternally grateful. Yes he's checked all the fuses and relays and all of the general knowledge things. Please help! Thank you!:thx

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Please bare with me. I bought a 2006 Trailblazer 4.2 LS 2WD in January of this year. I LOVE my car. That being said, I've ran into some problems in the last couple months. First month of having it, it ran like a champ and then one morning, I turned it on and it was idling real rough. I youtubed and learned I had to clean my throttle body. Cleaned it and it worked like a champ for about another month and a half. Then in the beginning of spring break, it rough idled again, I started it 4-5 times and it ran normally for about another week and finally, it rough idled one morning and after turning it off and on a few times, the problem never went away.

Went to O'Reilly's and got a diagnostic, my check engine light was on as well as my stability light and low power light. What was coming up in diagnostics was my O2 sensors and max airflow sensor. Got 2 new O2 sensors, new max airflow sensor, even changed out my 6 spark plugs and 6 coil packs and my throttle body is clean as a whistle. Still idling rough. Took it back to O'Reilly's and diagnosed, now says PCM problems. Took it to a shop that has a Snap-On diagnostic machine, also saying PCM problems. Got a used PCM, got it programed, and now my car turns over but it won't start. Changed that PCM out with another one, programmed that too, same thing. Now my mechanic is asking me to get the original brain back but I'm not sure what that will accomplish. Everytime I got the diagnostic cleared in the original brain, the same 7 problems would pop up and it's all things that were running normally or have been recently changed out (yes they're all the right parts). The guy that's working on my car says he sees this as a learning experience and he's been googling and youtubing like crazy and he found something that said it could be the ignition switch so he tested that out but that wasn't the problem so now he's back to square one.

If anybody out there has any information on this, I would be eternally grateful. Yes he's checked all the fuses and relays and all of the general knowledge things. Please help! Thank you!:thx
I am having the same issues KDOB. Curious do you know the actual codes? Mine were:

P0030 - Heated O2 Sensor Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1.

P0036 - Heated O2 Sensor Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2.

P0102 - Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Low Input

P1516 - Throttle Actuator Control Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance.

P1682 - Driver 5 Line 2

The one thing you might want to check is the code P1682. Do you get that code? If so, try ignition switch. I have cleaned TB, replaced Mass Air Flow Sensor, Air Filter and Ignition Switch. I am now thinking I might need to replace O2 Sensors as both errors appear.

My understanding is P1682 means low voltage. Check your battery too. You are going into "limp mode" because the computer is feeling it needs to protect the engine.

Do you start and run. Or not run? Mine once I reconnect battery from doing a computer reset. Mine starts and runs good for about 2 seconds and then goes into "Limp Mode" (Check Engine, Low Engine Power and StabliTrack all illuminated).

My post if you are interested:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?p=1579225#post1579225

1 - 3 of 3 Posts