Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Low Oil Pressure Warning

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BravadaOwner 
#1 ·
I’m about 1,500 miles away from my next oil change, but the warning came up on my dash that I had low oil pressure. The message disappeared quickly and because I was in the middle of the country, I continued driving home. The message didn’t pop up again. My oil light is broke, so the only indication I have that something is wrong was that message. There’s no knocking in the engine. Would the ‘stop engine’ message stay on the dash if an issue was still being detected, or does the warning just flash and go away?

#2 ·
I really cannot answer your question, but did you at least stop and check the oil level to see if it was down? Also, did you check for any OBDII codes that might have been set?

#3 ·
Oil pressure sensor. Mine has done this for going on 2 years (I’m Just too lazy to crawl under there and swap the sensor) Oil is always full, nothing ever happens. Just change the sensor out, there’s quite a few YouTube videos about it. Can find the sensor on eBay for like $10 if I remember correctly.

#4 ·
If it is your oil pressure/oil level sensor/sending unit (and it could very well be), do not replace it with a cheap, no-name part that could spring a leak and spray oil all over the place. Get an ACDelco, a Standard Motor Parts (SMP) or a BWD (same part as SMP) oil pressure/level sensor/sending unit.

#8 ·
There is a difference between a low oil pressure switch and an oil pressure sending unit. The low oil level is a different system entirely. I am not familiar with the I6. The V8 oil system is quite complex. The AFM/DOD is controlled by the engine oil pressure and is even more critical than standard oiling system. My 07 Denali is very sensitive to oil change intervals

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.