Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Low Oil Pressure - Stop Engine

9K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bullguy 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear Tech and owners , hope you are fine !

i have 2002 Envoy 4WD,Today got a message ( Low Oil Pressure - Stop Engine ) ,
opened the hood , and heard a tapping /Knocking sound that come and go !
Oil Level is within range, no leak.

could it be the Oil pressure sensor ! or as i already hear the tapping it means that i have definitely other issues like ,
- Pump
- clogged Screen

how to figure it our !

it it possible to clean the screen without removing the pan ?
is it easy to change the pump !

Look forward to your nice inputs !

Best Regards

#3 ·
hi jason , actually when this happened it was reading Zero , i stopped the engine and after a while started it again it went to normal but alternating to high when accelerating , i was planning travel but changed my plan , as i heard a knocking / tapping from upper side of the engine .

#5 ·
thanks for your reply , usually changing the oil on 2000 miles , was using Mobil 20W50 this is common in Saudi Arabia ,
i just changed the Oil and oil Filter,and used 10W40 on a hope that thinner oil may somehow help to open clogged screen , not sure it this makes a sense but trying anything before i go for opening the oil pan option which i guess not so easy with 4WD.

now trying to hear the tapping , but is no longer heard at least so far few hours after changing the oil and filter.

was unable to determine the exact location of the Oil pressure sensor , but found some sensors around the filter that the wires was full of oil perhaps due a possible to leaking in the area , cleaned them , blown them with compressed Air.

a free tech advice ! told me not worry about the oil pressure getting high while accelerating ,as their is a bypass valves that reliefs the oil pressure once it got higher than the max. allowable level . at least it indicates that the pump is not the issue .

And asked me to use the car and carefully monitor the gauge and sound for few days !

am about to travel 500 miles but will not trust the engine till i monitor it for ....... :confused:

however will let you know ! Best Regards

#6 ·
hey the same just happened to me about an hour ago and i'll be looking in to it in the next week as i dont need the SUV for the next while and my wife can use my truck and i have to fix my brother inlaws titan thing died on him 2 days ago and he needs it fixed before his wifes days off end blah blah blah oh yeah plus my day job :-l

#7 ·
Dear blackblur , looks you have a lot of fixes to do , in my case have changed the filter since then the gauge is on the middle about / normal , but noticed that it is increasing at higher RPMs . not sure of this is normal !

i came to know that recently fake duplicate filters is being sold to the oil and Tyre repair shops and i usually change oil at those shops not the dealer , so i have to consider buying filters from the dealer to avoid such case ,

my guess is that the Engine oil pump is a not easy to worn part so have to look into other issues before suspecting the pump or considering to change the pump ! Best regards.

#8 ·
Mjouda,i had this same problem a month back,now a days i don't see any message,by the way try to change your oil in Naft station petromin they are very prof people.
you will get all genuine parts there and once in a while try to do the engine flush,they do it there.
hope this will solve your problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.