Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm new to the forum, and new to owning an envoy. my previous vehicle's low fuel light would come on when my 20 gallon tank had run dry, but there was a 5 gallon reserve, which could keep me going for a while.

when my fuel light comes on, how much more fuel is still in the tank?

i have a 4.2L, envoy sle.

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
10-4 guys, i do alot of commuting with intervals of highway that can go for a while without gas stations. all i needed was a better idea of the fuel light. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_sle
22 Posts
since we're on the topic of the low fuel light, when exactly would the light turn on? before refueling I had the needle at 1 to 2 lines away from E and didn't see the light come on compared to other cars' low fuel lights turning on b/w 1/4 and E. Does the sensor vary in each car or does the needle have to be exactly on E for the low fuel light to turn on?

i usually don't let the level run that low and refuel around 1/4 or slightly below 1/4 but was running a bit late for work today and didn't have a chance to refuel near work

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
I haven't let mine run dry yet, but I can tell you that it will get pretty low before the light comes on. In my EXT, it gets between the E and the next line up. And as previously stated, when I fill up, I put in about 23 gallons (tank holds 25)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
I haven't let mine run dry yet, but I can tell you that it will get pretty low before the light comes on. In my EXT, it gets between the E and the next line up. And as previously stated, when I fill up, I put in about 23 gallons (tank holds 25)
:iagree: Same here. I have the EXT also and I've only seen my low fuel light come on a handful of times in 4 1/2 years, but like blckshdw I would put in about 23 gallons or so when it did come on.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
I was curious about this a while back, and got gas as soon as I could after the light went on (18 Gal tank). It took 15 1/2 gal. About 16% left.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.