Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night after watching some fireworks I forgot I didn't shut my door completly. On the way home my door must have shut a bit when rounding a corner, and the automatic door lock engaged all of a sudden. After this, not sure if it's related, but when I push my dome override button 4 times to turn my drls off, and when the low gas light comes on, the volume of the indicator BEEP BEEP (for the headlights), and DING DING DING (for low fuel) is very very low, almost unaudible. Would like to know what I might have done, and how I can somehow make those sound louder again.

Also noticed when I have the key all the way into the ignition with the door open the warning DING DING DING that continues is also very very quiet. I don't get it, is there some sort of amplifier fuse or what's the deal here, driving me crazy :hissy:

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
there's a way you can change the volume of that chime by pressing a certain button on your Head Unit. I'm not sure what it is but it is in the owner's manual..

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there's a way you can change the volume of that chime by pressing a certain button on your Head Unit. I'm not sure what it is but it is in the owner's manual..
Hey, your right :hail:. On page 3-72, although I turned it to high and still isnt as loud as it was :undecided. I did play around with my sub last night too, when the chime is on the front left speaker sounds crackly a bit almost like I have speaker wires touching. Have to check my wires tomorrow, thanks for the tip though. Ill let you know what I come up with

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the problem :woohoo:. The front left speaker wasn't sounding right, so I took everything apart to get to it. Found out the connection I made when installing the new speaker had broken off. Fixed that :thumbsup:, now everything is back to normal :woot:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.