Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced Low Beam bulbs on 2003 TB. For access to do this I removed the air filter housing (3 bolts) to gain access to passenger side. Driver side no issue with access. Took of the large plastic cap for access to bulb assembly. Removed and replaced.

At one point I was considering removing the grill and taking out the entire headlight assembly! Until I saw the method I used somewhere in one of the threads. It works and is quick! :)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Head light replacement...

I just followed the thread for removing the grill since Im a big guy with big hands and couldn't get my hans between the battery support and the back of the head light assembly. I thought it was going to take a while to do since the time for job was listed as 1 hour... it literally took me 8 minutes from taking the grill off to removing the head light assembly, replacing the bulbs and putting the grill back on. Thank you guys! Also, the silverstar ultra bulbs (9006 su) althought a bit pricy (26.99 each) are amazing! Just a heads up.
Michael from VA

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
I just followed the thread for removing the grill since Im a big guy with big hands and couldn't get my hands between the battery support and the back of the head light assembly.
See this, I'm not the only one who can't reach in there!!!

Thanks neurotk2 for helping me prove my case that not all of us can do it without pulling the headlamp assembly:cool:

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
I just followed the thread for removing the grill since Im a big guy with big hands and couldn't get my hans between the battery support and the back of the head light assembly. I thought it was going to take a while to do since the time for job was listed as 1 hour... it literally took me 8 minutes from taking the grill off to removing the head light assembly, replacing the bulbs and putting the grill back on. Thank you guys! Also, the silverstar ultra bulbs (9006 su) althought a bit pricy (26.99 each) are amazing! Just a heads up.
Michael from VA
Good luck with the Silverstars. Keep your invoice as they tend to last about a year of less. Maybe it's the DRL's in Canada that kills them :undecided

See this, I'm not the only one who can't reach in there!!!

Thanks neurotk2 for helping me prove my case that not all of us can do it without pulling the headlamp assembly:cool:
Ya me too. Mr. Bighands :bonk:

My grill has been off so many times now since doing all the mods to my truck that I'm afraid it will fall off when I go over a bump. :excited::crackup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
25 Posts
Envoy headlamps design better?

I've read the threads on replacing bulbs for the TB headlamps. It took me less than 5 minutes to replace the driver side low beam #9006 bulb on my 03 envoy last night. Just like a previous post (sorry I lost that thread, cannot give credit) just follow the manual and replacement was easy.

Makes me think about the upgrades I have read on other threads.

:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
lamp replacement

I changed the low beam lamp on the driver side. Easy, just pop the rubber cover off, turn the lamp 90 deg. and out it comes, did it in about 5 min. You do not have to remove the grill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts