Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight i went to go to the store i started my tb and the headlights came on as usual but all of the sudden the went out i have checked all the fuses and even replaced the bulbs but still no headlights but.... the high beams will work when turned on .. Could some one possibly offer me a suggestion as to why they arent working

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,267 Posts
look in your manual or under the fuse cover..
locate the fan clutch relay and the low beams relay----
swap the 2 and the lights may just come back on....
they use similar relays..
others have had the same symptom and swapped relays to get them home...
just watch the engine temp

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
6 Posts
Relay switch didn't work for me...help

I tried switching the relays as found in several posts, but that did not bring my low beams back to life. Any other suggestions. I checked every fuse in both boxes just to be safe and all were ok.

I have noticed that the "lights on" warning bell does not sound if I leave the lights on when I turn off the engine. Sign of something else?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
6 Posts
Always do step one before step two!

Well, I feel really stupid right now...I've proved the old adage, never assume, you make an [email protected]@ out of u and me. I've make an [email protected]@ out of myself at least. Both headlights actually burned out simultaneously. So in the future, I will never proceed to step 2 before completing step one!

Headlights are replaced and working just in time for the big snow storm.

·
Registered
2003 isuzu ascender
115 Posts
Yeah, i had the same thing happen to a car I owned. Happened on the road home from NJ. Stopped and got some supper and came out and NO LIGHTS?? Lucky to find a good Samaritan who stocked bulbs in his car for "just in case" stuff like this. It was a late Sunday PM and no Wally-World in site. WHEW!! :crazy::eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts