Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Trailblazer continues to run rough despite: new spark plugs, replacing the camshaft position sensor, cam actuator, fuel filter and taking the throttle body off and giving it a good cleaning. Through all that "trying to make it run better", (some of which I had to disconnect the battery for so it would "reset") now my Service 4WD (which worked perfectly fine before) is on...the 4WD is not working at all. Now....Service Airbag light came on and stayed on. Not only that but there is a weird noise when I turn or roll over uneven ground, it sounds like something in the back is loose, but I can't find where it's coming from! I checked the spare tire and it's secure..... seriously....what next?!

I have an 02 with 118,000 on it....
I plan on changing the O2 sensor this weekend, but beyond that I am at a total loss!

Does anyone have any advice for any of the laundry list items I have???

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish it would throw a code so I could have a little insight! The only code I have gotten from it was for the camshaft position sensor which I changed out right away, but it still runs the same! :suicide:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Do you know anybody with a scanner that can record the data while the engine is running? That can tell you a lot.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Pull the fuse for the 4WD from the under hood fuse box for a few minutes and then put it back in. Reconnecting the battery may not always go smooth and result in shocking or interfering with the data bus and for some reason a 'key off' doesn't reset the TCCM.....pulling the fuse will. (This might turn off the 4WD light and restore operation, as it worked before the battery disconnect).

Airbag light is another issue, usually if they fail to 'boot' or 'start', turning the key off and then restarting fixes the problem. I'm wondering if the battery may be weak or if the ignition switch isn't quite up to snuff.....this is the sort of thing that may occur before they fail. Try also pulling the airbag fuses for a few minutes and then re-inserting them as well. (Do NOT unplug the airbag modules from the harness with the power applied, it can set them off). Also do these two fuse pulls with the ignition OFF and one of the front doors open.....this ensures there is no retained power feeding them. The BCM remains powered at key-off, since it controls the RKE system, I'm thinking the BCM simply may not have powered up correct during the battery reconnect, so it wouldn't hurt to pull the fuse feeding it as well.

As far as the noise in the back, what does it sound like? Is it metal on metal, a clunk, a rattle, squeak or something else. I'm guessing you haven't pulled anything off back there, so the most common thing would be end links, which rattle or even clunk a bit when badly worn. - Grab them one at a time and see if they move easily by hand, they should be 'stiff' and resist moving. If they're loose or move easily, that may be the noise in the rear.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm...I don't think I know anyone who has one, but I will find one try doing that! Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
as stated a bad ignition switch can cause all sorts of crazy and whacky problems... but a data recorder can help... always try the cheapest thing first... which would be just pulling the fuses..

as for the sound in the back i would check the end links.. but while under there take a look at how close the exhaust is to the rear spring... i know mine is less then a 1/4" so it bangs off the spring all the time.. try shaking the exhaust (assuming its stock) i have heard people saying that there are rocks in the resonator banging around to...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
as stated a bad ignition switch can cause all sorts of crazy and whacky problems... but a data recorder can help... always try the cheapest thing first... which would be just pulling the fuses..

as for the sound in the back i would check the end links.. but while under there take a look at how close the exhaust is to the rear spring... i know mine is less then a 1/4" so it bangs off the spring all the time.. try shaking the exhaust (assuming its stock) i have heard people saying that there are rocks in the resonator banging around to...
Hmmm, rocks in the resonator. Know anybody you want to drive nuts????:crackup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts

This also coming from someone that replaced his whole system with a Gibson setup, are we re-thinking the person we had put it on???? :raspberry Still love the sound though, not to loud and obnoxious yet still a nice tone! :yes:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
This also coming from someone that replaced his whole system with a Gibson setup, are we re-thinking the person we had put it on???? :raspberry Still love the sound though, not to loud and obnoxious yet still a nice tone! :yes:
hush up.. i put it on.. it just comes close to the spring... really close lol... but yes it does have a nice tone.. but i got a way to fix it (i hope) :bonk::bonk::bonk:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts