Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have noticed a horrific humming sound resonating from the front end of my 2002 Trailbazer LTZ. I have about 168K on the rig, and would like to keep it going for another 15K-20K. At first my thought was the humming was front he front right wheel bearing since the noise goes away when turning to the right, but it has only gotten worse (adding the newly developed vibration in the foot pedal and steering wheel). I did buy a new wheel bearing and replaced it only to learn that was not the case. I have played around underneath and read some threads by other users and have come to the conclusion that the front differential bearings may be the cause. About 50K miles ago I learned that the right front CV has snapped and was left swinging loosely as I dropve down the road. I had the axle fixed, and have had no problems until recently. I can get upwards of 1/4" play out of the CV connection to the differential on the passenger's side. Is this worth me trying to pull the CV out and replacing the bearings? Or can I remove the axle shaft inside the differential and run the rig as a 2WD until it is time to trade up?

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer LS 4.2L I6
25 Posts
AOT,

I realize this a very old post by now, but did you ever discover the source of the humming and vibration? I have an '06 TBL with similar noise coming from the front end, and I'm not convinced that it's either of the wheel bearings. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.