Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed my 12in subwoofer to my stock HU using a LOC to tap into my rear speakers. Everything was working well untill I started my car today and a loud UHHHHHHHHHHH Buzz sound is playing through the subwoofer. If I change the volume or turn off the HU the sound remains. I checked my connections that I tapped into and they have good connection. When I remove the White RCA the buzz sound stops. If I change the fade only my right side is working. The subwoofer works fine but with only the RED rca input in. I purchased the LOC open item from best buy, it was working fine but I think it may be the problem?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tapped into the passenger side pillar for the left and right rear speakers. It was working great until a few hours after the install. The LOC gives 2 additional wires for the ground in which they stated do not need to be used so I did not use them for a ground. Should I?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure the RCA cable isn't shorted or making contact with metal at any point. I actually shorted a cable the other day and had the same problem. The sound would change with my RPM's. Sounded like my exhaust was in my box.
I stuck the LOC box back into the side pillar column. Is this a bad idea?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
after looking at the diagram, this is the problem
thats about as impossible as edit - forgot this wasnt a platinum thread, sorry
none of your responses seem to make any sense :suicide:

I take it I need to tap into the right side rear speakers in the right pilar and do the same in the left pillar and then connect the wires to my loc. I figured I could just tap into the right side and all the wires needed were there.

following this install
http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=87

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What Andrew is saying is that Tapping the left AND right rear speakers at the passenger side pillar is IMPOSSIBLE... and therefore, that is your problem....

Btw.... :iagree:
All is good this should solve my problem. That sucks that I have to go from both sides tho.

on a side note can I use any wire or do I need to use speaker wire?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,335 Posts
Or you can do what I did before swapping out the deck, go behind the radio... just an option

EDIT: by the way... if you read the article fully, you'd notice this...

Repeat steps 2-7 for the driver side.
NOTE: THE DRIVER SIDE SPEAKER WIRES ARE COLORED BROWN AND YELLOW. There are 2 yellow wires on the driver side. tap either one and to make sure if that is the correct one, turn your radio on and tap the brown wire to it. If the speaker seizes to work, then it's the correct one

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,821 Posts
haha excellent advice I just did not understand at first.. Im sure this will fix my problem. Thanks guys!
ive been listening to the new eminem so ive been rhymin all muh posts, sorry for the confusion earlier

it is possible to tap the incorrect wire in the left rear door and still have the speaker work (although with a lot of interference)

the easiest way to identify the correct wire is to pop out the window switch and disconnect it from the connector....one of the two suspected yellow wires will have continuity with the yellow wire in that connector....use the other one for the l/r speaker -

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.