Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help. I have tons of codes. I just replaced the front left wheel bearing along with a new abs sensor. I have these codes
C0035
C0040
C0455
C0196
C0287
C0161
C0244
U1000
U1026

can someone please help with detailed directions or videos of what to check for and how to check things
thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
codes

please help. I have tons of codes. I just replaced the front left wheel bearing along with a new abs sensor. I have these codes
C0035
C0040
C0455
C0196
C0287
C0161
C0244
U1000
U1026

can someone please help with detailed directions or videos of what to check for and how to check things
thank you
hello, before you do anything and spend anymore, try your best to look for an honest mechanic and ask him to check if there is a leak on the intake manifold. I have a 4.2 inline 6 07 Blazer and my friend mechanic in San Francisco diagnosed it with leak at the intake manifold. that IS THE ROOT CAUSE of all the codes youre getting!, loss of power, intermittent check engine light and boy, very poor gas mileage.

After it was diagnosed and fixed, holy cow your blazer will run like new and smoothly and no more annoying codes. 22 miles per gallon on the freeway is real!

hope this helps and Drive safe.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clearing codes does not work. they all come back. their is a problem with the abs in the front.

need questions answered about the ac volts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is what I have done.
1.replaced the front driver hub and sensor.
2.replace the driver abs pig tail coming from vehicle all they way back till I found solid wire.
3. cleaned the rust under the passenger side abs sensor
4. replaced the passenger pig tail all the way back to good wires.

I have tested both sensors and I get 1080 ohms. cant remember the exact number. they check out good.

I have tested the AC volts and I get nothing. even on the new sensor. I guess I am supposed to get like 450 or something like that. I get nothing. so I am assuming both sensors are bad because they are not creating AC volts when I spin the wheel.

original the abs was kicking on with codes, the traction control lights were on and the steering sensor code came up. then all of a sudden the abs stopped kicking on and the vehicle stopped fine. (lights still on dash)I wanted to get the lights off so I started to replace stuff. I replaced the driver hub/bearing and had no change. replaced the driver pig tail. no change. cleaned the passenger sensor from rust and changed pig tail.(these two changes created the abs kicking on again) by doing this the lights did go off and the steering sensor code went away but the abs kicks on again.
the abs kicks on at about 8mph when slowing down.

this seams like a very common problem but everything that I am finding I have already done.(I think) please help. this is ridiculous. everything was so much easier when all this safety stuff and sensors were not on vehicle. (you actually had to know how to drive)
thank you

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
305 Posts
Usually when the ABS kicks on at slow speed the hubs are bad, but you said you replaced them.
I'm curious about the wire repair, new hubs come with the sensors and cable attached, about 18 inches. Where did you cut the wire back and repair?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
took the wire all the way back till it was solid wire and then went more.

1. I need to know if ac volts are created when spinning the hub and testing with multi meter? I went to different parts stores and checked thiers and none of the had ac volts only ohms.

2. I need to check the volts or ohms at the actual pigtail on the trailblazer. what is is supposed to be and how do I check it

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also the traction control light I kicking on again when it has sat for a few minutes and chugs and bucks on take off then clears itself up and is fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts